Services Departments Government

Dog Complaints & Investigations

Investigation requests

Please call 503-655-8628 or fill out our Investigation Request Form.

Bites by rabies-susceptible animals should be reported within 24 hours to the county in which the victim resides.

Clackamas County
503-655-8628 (for dog bites only)
Fax: 503-557-2829 (for dog bites only)
503-655-8411 (all other animal bites)
Fax: 503-742-5389

Marion County – Environmental Health
1-503-566-2986 (fax)

Multnomah County – Animal Services
503-988-3002 (fax)

Outside of State
Oregon Health Authority 971-673-1111

Other Bites
Communicable Diseases 503-655-8411
Fax: 503-655-8350

After hours, holidays and weekends when rabies is suspected, call Clackamas County Communicable Diseases at 503-655-8411 or call Oregon Health Authority at 971-673-1111.

Barking dogs

Complaints about barking dogs are the most frequent complaints received by Clackamas County Dog Services. As dog owners, we are responsible for the care and well-being of our pets, but sometimes we forget that our dogs can affect other people. We may not be aware of how much disturbance our own dogs are causing, or that we may have neighbors that are very sensitive to our dogs' sounds.

Dogs bark for a variety of reasons, but excessive barking can be caused by:

Things you can do if your dog is barking:

Resources for understanding and dealing with barking:

Often dog owners are unaware their dog is barking or that the barking is bothersome to neighbors.  We recommend talking with your neighbor to help them understand that their dogs barking is a concern for you. You may also contact Clackamas County Dispute Resolution Center for assistance in talking with your neighbors.

Share this page

Dog Services

Contact Us

Animal Adoption & Education Center
13141 SE Highway 212
Clackamas, OR 97015

Fax: 503-557-2829

Adoption Viewing Hours:
Tuesday – Saturday
11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Administrative Offices:
Monday - Saturday
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.