Dog Complaints & Investigations
To report abuse or neglect, please call 503-655-8628 or fill out our Investigation Request Form.
Bites by rabies-susceptible animals are to be reported within 24 hours to the County in which the victim lives.
Outside of Oregon
Call State of Oregon Health Division: 503-731-4030
Other animal bites
When rabies is suspected after hours, on holidays or weekends, call 503-731-4030.
Barking dogs are among the most frequent complaints received by Clackamas County Dog Services. As dog owners, we are responsible for the care and well-being of our pets, but sometimes we forget that our dogs can affect other people. We may not be aware of how much disturbance our own dogs are causing, or that we may have neighbors that are very sensitive to our dogs' sounds.
Dogs bark for a variety of reasons, but excessive barking can be caused by:
- medical issues
- lifestyle changes
Things you can do if your dog is barking:
- provide regular mental and physical stimulation
- assure your dog has adequate social contact
- provide a den or small enclosed area
- block access to areas where dog can see distractions
- consider keeping your dog indoors
- have a vet check-up (especially if dog is older or barking is a new behavior)
- obedience training
- professional assistance (including veterinary, training and behavioral therapy)