Project is in design phase.
Updated: April 4, 2023
Many crashes occur on a windy segment of Canby-Marquam Hwy near Kraxberger Road (approximately between MP 5.05 and MP 5.45) due to drivers leaving the roadway, especially in wet conditions. Safety improvements include applying a high friction surface treatment approximately between MP 5.05 to MP 5.35 near Kraxberger Road, two radar-activated curve warning signs with lights, and adding reflective material to curve warning sign posts to enhance their visibility.
To increase safety and reduce lane departure crashes.
- Design: Jan 2023 - Dec. 2023
- Construction: Summer 2023 - Summer 2025
- Intermittent lane closures will be needed during construction.
- Project design
- Project estimate $470,000
- Funding is provided from HB 2017 state gas tax safety funds