The following days are recognized and observed as paid holidays for regular and probationary employees unless otherwise noted. There is no waiting period before being eligible for paid holidays.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- President's Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Juneteenth (June 19, effective 2021)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Veteran's Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- One (1) Floating Holiday -- Refer to your collective bargaining agreement or the county's Personnel Ordinance for provisions regarding floating holiday.
Weekend Holidays: Except for employees in continuous operations, whenever a holiday falls on Sunday, the succeeding Monday shall be observed as the holiday. Whenever a holiday falls on Saturday, the preceding Thursday or Friday (depending on schedules) shall be observed as the holiday.
Holiday Pay: Regular full-time employees shall receive one (1) day's pay for each of the holidays listed above on which they perform no work. Regular part-time employees will receive a prorated portion of one (1) day's holiday pay based on the hours worked in the pay period in which the holiday occurs. Job share employees shall share a prorated portion of holiday pay based on their portion of the full-time position which is shared.
Holiday During Leave: If an employee is on an authorized leave with pay when a holiday occurs, the holiday shall be paid and time shall not be charged against an employee's sick or vacation leave balance. Holidays occurring during a leave without pay shall not be compensated.