Vaccines are Safe, Effective and Accessible
Getting vaccinated gives most people a high level of protection against COVID-19 and can provide added protection for people who already had it. One study showed that, for people who already had COVID-19, those who do not get vaccinated after their recovery are more than twice as likely to get it again.
Bivalent Updated Vaccines
Updated mRNA (Pfizer and Moderna) COVID booster vaccines are available. They protect against the original strain and the Omicron variants BA.4 and BA.5. A bivalent booster is available two months after any initial monovalent primary vaccine series, or two months after a previous monovalent booster.
- Every child who is 6 months through 5 years old is now qualified for a single bivalent dose. For Pfizer recipients, this is either a bivalent third dose to complete their primary series, or a bivalent booster dose if they previously completed a 3-dose monovalent primary series.
- Updated Moderna booster dose is for everyone 6 months and older who completed a Moderna primary series only.
- Updated Pfizer booster dose is for everyone 5 years and older.
- Anyone 6 months and older who has already received a bivalent dose is up to date and no additional dose is recommended at this time.
Monovalent Booster Vaccine
The monovalent Novavax COVID vaccine is now available as a first booster dose for people who are not able, or are unwilling, to receive an updated mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) COVID-19 booster. You are eligible to receive a Novavax booster dose if:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- It’s been at least 6 months since you completed an authorized primary series (Novavax, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna or Pfizer)
- You have never received a COVID-19 booster before
Schedule an appointment for your convenience to guarantee having your requested vaccine. Walk-ins available at clinics, while supplies last.
Steps to follow these steps if someone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19.
Skilled nursing facilities, assisted living, memory care, and residential care facilities