At School Based Health Centers (SBHCs), students receive confidential medical services in their schools. Each SBHC is staffed by a qualified medical professional and focuses on preventing illness and promoting healthy behaviors. Benefits of SBHCs include the following:
- improve access to quality physical, mental and preventive health services
- care for children and adolescents regardless of their ability to pay
- reduce high costs associated with inappropriate use of emergency rooms and unnecessary hospitalizations
- ensure services are age appropriate
- save parents time by reducing missed work hours
- keep students in class and ready to learn
Our services include:
- diagnosing and treating injury and illness
- comprehensive physical exams
- well child checks
- screenings (blood pressure and vision)
- laboratory tests
- mental or emotional health services
- alcohol and drug assessments
- referrals to specialty services as needed
No student is denied services. Insurance is billed whenever possible; however, students and families are not charged for services.
SBHCs operating in Clackamas County
|Oregon City High School
Staffed by a full-time Certified Nurse Practitioner in partnership with the Oregon City School District.
|Rex Putnam High School
Staffed by a full-time Certified Nurse Practitioner in partnership with the North Clackamas School District. Behavioral Health services are also available on a regular basis.
The Oregon Trail School Based Health Center is staffed full-time by a Nurse Practitioner during school hours.
|Estacada High School
The Wade Creek Clinic is operated by Orchid Health.
|Milwaukie High School
The MHS Health & Wellness Center, operated by Outside In, offers full primary care, behavioral health, mental health, health education/promotion, vision screening, and preventive dental care. Hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Friday. Call 503-353-5847 for more information.
Are you interested in starting a SBHC at your school?
Visit the Oregon Health Authority's SBHC program to learn more about the SBHC model, certification requirements, and the process to open a SBHC.
You may also contact our SBHC Program Coordinator, Aria Baker, for more information.