Confidential medical services for students.
At School Based Health Centers (SBHCs), students receive confidential medical services in their schools. Each SBHC is staffed by a qualified medical professional and focuses on preventing illness and promoting healthy behaviors. Benefits of SBHCs include the following:
- improve access to quality physical, mental and preventive health services
- care for children and adolescents regardless of their ability to pay
- reduce high costs associated with inappropriate use of emergency rooms and unnecessary hospitalizations
- ensure services are age appropriate
- save parents time by reducing missed work hours
- keep students in class and ready to learn
Our services include:
- diagnosing and treating injury and illness
- comprehensive physical exams
- well child checks
- screenings (blood pressure and vision)
- laboratory tests
- mental or emotional health services
- referrals to specialty services as needed
No student is denied services. Insurance is billed whenever possible; however, students and families are not charged for services.
SBHCs operating in Clackamas County
Clinics will be open when students are in school unless noted below.
Students needing an appointment at the Clackamas Health Centers afterhours should call 503-655-8471.
|Adrienne C. Nelson High School
14897 SE Parklane Dr
|Clackamas High School
14486 SE 122nd Avenue
|Estacada High School
355 NE 6th Avenue
|Milwaukie High School
2301 SE Willard
|Oregon City High School
(Located inside the counseling office)
|Rex Putnam High School
(Entrance located in the front of the main parking lot)
|Sandy High School
(Entrance by the upper gym entrance)
Are you interested in starting a SBHC at your school?
Visit the Oregon Health Authority's SBHC program to learn more about the SBHC model, certification requirements and the process to open a SBHC.
You may also contact our SBHC Program Coordinator, Lindsey Castelan, for more information.