Re-designing the roadway to improve safety and connectivity for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists along SE Linwood Avenue in northwest Clackamas County.
This project is in the construction phase.
Updated: Feb. 14, 2023
Improve Linwood Avenue in unincorporated Clackamas County from SE Monroe Street to SE Johnson Creek Boulevard by:
- Completing connections for sidewalks and bicycle lanes on both sides of SE Linwood Avenue
- Updating stormwater facilities to improve stormwater management.
To improve safety throughout the corridor, each side of Linwood Ave will include:
- An 11-foot travel lane for motorized vehicles
- A 5-foot landscape strip with grass and trees
- A 10-foot shared pedestrian/bicycle path
Pre-construction work: January – March 2023
Construction: March – December 2023
While construction will impact traffic flow, the county will ensure that residents are able to continue to get to their homes during construction.
- Construction: Utility poles and overhead utility lines have been moved in preparation for construction. Construction is expected to begin in March 2023 and continue through the end of the year.
The many sections of SE Linwood Avenue without sidewalks or bike lanes create unsafe conditions for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists. This project will align with pending improvements by the City of Milwaukie along the southern portion of SE Linwood Avenue inside the city limits. Once both projects are completed, the entire SE Linwood Avenue corridor will be safer and easier to travel for everyone.
Construction cost $6.8 million, funded by the North Clackamas Revitalization Area (NCRA) urban renewal district.