Partnering with the past to help protect the future
We are responsible for:
- maintaining the original Government Land Corners established by the Federal Government in 1851
- maintaining a library of property survey records for Clackamas County
- reviewing all surveys for compliance with Oregon Survey filing law
- reviewing and approving plats of all land divisions and property line adjustments in Clackamas County
If you would like to discuss a project, please make an appointment with Ray Griffin, Terry Martinson or Wayne Olson by calling 503-742-4492.
Our goal is to provide excellent service. Please let us know how we're doing and how we can improve by taking this brief survey.
Surveys and Plats
- Checklist for Recording
- Plat Notary Information
- A Guide to Selecting an Oregon Land Surveyor
- Records of Survey
- Property Line Adjustment
- Subdivision Plats
- Condominium Plats
- Plat Naming
- Partition Plats
- Confirming Declarant Names
- Property Line Adjustment or Replat? Evaluation
- Policy & Procedure for Property Line Adjustment or Replat
Fees and Standards
- Fee Schedule
- County Surveyor Standards
- Standards for Polyester Film Plats
- Tri-County Drafting Standards
- Clackamas County Geodetic Control Standards
Provide the citizens of Clackamas County with professional surveying expertise and advice, and perform our duties as required by the Oregon Revised Statutes.
- To provide exceptional customer service
- To operate a quality records library and research facility of surveys, plats and roads for the public and consultants
- To perform the review of surveys in a professional, accurate and timely manner
- To perform the review of subdivisions, partitions and condominiums in a professional, accurate and timely manner while serving the development community and protecting the property rights of the citizens of Clackamas County
- To preserve and maintain the Public Land Survey System Corners (section corners and quarter section corners) and donation land corners (DLC) originally placed by the Federal Government. These corners form the basis of the land identification system used in deeds and boundary control for all property.
- To provide a courteous and professional staff to carry out our mission.