Animal Adoption and Education Center
13141 SE Highway 212
Clackamas, OR 97015 map
Adoption Viewing Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Administrative Offices: Monday - Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Proposed Animal/Dog Code, Fee, Fine & License Changes; Public Hearings July 17 and 31
The Board of County Commissioners is considering proposed changes in the county ordinance on animals, including creating a program to respond to complaints about barking dogs, changes to align with new state laws and changes to clarify text, as well as related changes to fees, fines and licenses. Details are in the documents listed below. The public is invited to comment on any of the proposed changes by sending an email to the Board at email@example.com, writing to the Board at 2051 Kaen Rd, Oregon City, OR 97045, or speaking at one of the public hearings scheduled for 6 p.m., July 17 and 10 a.m., July 31. Both hearings will be held in the BCC Hearing Room on the 4th floor of the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Rd, Oregon City.
- Clackamas County proposes program to respond to barking dog complaints, increased dog license fee; public invited to comment (news release, June 25, 2014)
- Amending Title 5 - Clackamas County Code and Related Animal Licenses, Fees and Fines (worksheet for Board of County Commissioners meeting, July 17, 2014)
- Proposed Barking Dogs (Continuous Annoyance) Program -- Draft Resolution-Based Response Process
- Code Amendments: Proposed Program Fines and Program Fees (spreadsheet)
- Title 5: Animals -- Proposed Changes Related to Barking Dogs (Continuous Annoyance) Program
- Title 5: Animals -- All Proposed Changes
See the current issue of Dog Notes newsletter.
Barking dogs a problem? Check out these helpful links!
- How to Get Dogs to Stop Barking in 9 Steps (with pictures)
- How to Stop Unwanted Barking
- Excessive Barking
SUPPORT THE WORK OF DOG SERVICES -- DONATE HERE!
Clackamas County Dog Services
We provide shelter, medical care and support to Clackamas County dogs in need and a wide variety of related services to the community, including:
- Licensing of dogs
- Adoptions of amazing dogs
- Lost and found dogs
- Ongoing support to adopters
- Dog safety & bite prevention presentations
- Humane and responsible pet ownership education
- Sick, injured and emergency dog rescue
- Protective custody for pets
- Dog bite investigations
- Quarantine of dogs that have bitten and are not rabies vaccinated
- Removal of vicious or feral dogs
- Pick up of dead dogs
- Inspection of dog kennels
- Serving notices of infraction and citation
Communities We Serve
We provide all dog-related services (including licensing, sheltering and complaint service response) for the following areas of Clackamas County:
- Oregon City
- All of unincorporated Clackamas County
We provide dog licensing and sheltering for the cities of:
CCDS provides dog sheltering services for the cities of:
Clackamas County Dog Services is a founding partner of the Animal Shelter Alliance of Portland
Dog Services links:
Similar topics: pets