You might wonder what is the difference between an emergency and non-emergency.
When in doubt, always call 9-1-1
Emergency calls may include reports of:
- any emergency where life or property is in immediate danger
- an injury requiring immediate medical attention
- a fire (not a controlled burn pile or other controlled fire)
- a crime in progress (occurred minutes ago, not hours)
- a serious traffic accident
- a violent dog has attacked a person (not just running at large)
- a driver is dangerously swerving on the road
- someone is playing with guns
For non-emergencies, call 503-655-8211.