We also encourage you to call before visiting any county office.
Our walk-up payment drop box is located at the front of our building at 150 Beavercreek Road in Oregon City.
Our drive-thru payment drop box is located in the north parking lot on Library Court during November.
Ways to Pay
Please send only a check or money order, do not mail cash. Your canceled check is proof of payment. Mail your payment in the windowed envelope provided in your tax statement.
Please remember to sign your check and apply the proper postage to the envelope.
Please make your check payable to Clackamas County Tax.
Mail all property tax payments to:
Clackamas County Assessor & Tax Collector
PO Box 6100
Portland, OR 97228-6100
Be sure to mail your payment early enough to be postmarked on or before Nov. 16. According to Oregon law, if the postmark is after the payment due date, discounts are not allowed and interest will accrue on the past due portion. If the due date falls on a weekend or a legal holiday, the due date is extended through the next business day.8191
Pay your property taxes online via credit, debit or e-check online.
You will be charged a convenience fee by US Bank, our online payment service provider.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit card is 2.49% of the payment amount.
- E-check is a flat fee of $3.
- VISA Debit card is a flat fee of $3.95.
- Mastercard Debit Card is 2.49% of the payment amount.
Keep in mind:
- Click "submit" only once to ensure there is not a duplicate payment made.
- Once you have completed your transaction, check your email for your confirmation number.
- Online payments that are returned from your bank for any reason will be charged a return payment fee of $25. Please make sure to double-check your banking information before you submit your payment.
You will need the following items when making your online payment:
- A valid e-mail address - to receive confirmation of your payment.
- Your Clackamas County property tax account number (located in the upper right corner of your tax statement)
- The amount of tax you choose to pay (payment options and amounts are on your statement)
- Your credit card information or bank routing and bank account numbers located on the bottom of your check.
If you do not have your tax statement, contact the Assessment and Tax Office at 503-655-8671.
Early and Late Payments
Discounts and Installments
If you want to pay your bill early in installments, you may qualify for a discount.
- Full payment by Nov. 15: Receive a 3% discount on the current year.
- Two-thirds payment by Nov. 15: Receive a 2% discount on the current year. Pay the final third by May 15.
- One-third payments by May 15: No discount is allowed. Pay one-third by Nov. 15, followed by another one-third payment by Feb. 15. Pay the final balance by May 15.
Interest on Late Payments
Interest will be charged on any payment made after the installment due date for the schedule you choose. The rate of interest is determined by Oregon statute, which is 16% annually or 1.333% monthly until paid. If property taxes are not paid on time, interest accrues on the 16th of each month.
Payments made with electronic bill pay services must be received in our office by the due date. Please request your payment in advance with your bill pay provider. Payments made with checks that are returned by the bank are not eligible for any discount.
Delinquent Taxes and Lien Dates
Real property tax is delinquent if not paid by May 15. Foreclosure proceedings on real property begin when taxes have been delinquent for 3 years. Real property tax accounts with an unpaid balance for any tax year marked with an (*) on the front of your tax statement are subject to foreclosure if not paid on or before May 15. Property tax payments must be credited to the earliest year that taxes are due. For example, if you owe taxes for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 any payment made will be first applied to 2016 and so forth.
Prepayment of Property Taxes
Unless authorized by law, no prepayments of property taxes which have not been certified by a taxing district, shall be collected or accepted. OAR 150-311-0260 Examples of law allowing prepayment of taxes include recording a subdivision, creating a condominium or moving a manufactured home.
For after-hours customer convenience, we have a payment drop box located to the left of the Development Services Building entrance.