Property Value Appeals

Contact the Assessor’s office at 503-655-8671 if you have questions regarding your property value. If you feel the market value shown on your tax statement is too high, we encourage you to file an appeal with the Property Value Appeal Board (PVAB).

  • The deadline to file an appeal is December 31 — or the first working day in January, if December 31 falls on a weekend.
  • Appeals to the Property Value Appeal Board (PVAB) must be filed after receipt of your tax bill.
  • Contact the Clackamas County Clerk’s office at 503-655-8662 for filing information, specific petition guidelines and to see a petition filing checklist for filing your appeal.

    Clackamas County Clerk, PVAB 
    1710 Red Soils Court, Suite 100 
    Oregon City, OR 97045 map
  • Appeals are for the current tax year only.

If you miss the above deadline, or you disagree with a prior year's value, you may file an appeal with the Magistrate Division of the Oregon Tax Court. Appeal forms may be obtained by calling the Oregon Tax Court, Magistrate Division at 503-986-5650. Certain standards must be met to have appeals to the magistrate heard. All appeal forms are available in the Assessor's Office or you can download an Information Circular from the State about the appeals process.