Preschool Promise (PP) is a state funded Early Learning Division program that provides high quality, culturally relevant preschool opportunities to children ages 3 and 4. To qualify families must live at, or below, 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
The primary goals for this program are to:
- Support young children to thrive and succeed in school and life.
- Allow families to choose the preschool which best meets their needs.
- Provide a common set of high standards to promote school readiness and active family engagement.
- Provide culturally and linguistically responsive services and opportunities for underrepresented families.
- Work with local Head Start programs, K-12 schools, child care programs, and community based-organizations.
There are in-person and distance preschool options with availability for the 2020-2021 school year with programs in Canby, Sandy, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Happy Valley, Milwaukie and Damascus. Learn more and apply online.