Project Timeline: Summer 2021 – Fall 2022
The Damascus Mobility Plan project engaged the public and technical experts to identify roadway improvements to improve safety, equity, and mobility for the traveling public in the Damascus area over the next 20 years. The plan, which focused on passenger and freight vehicle travel, was developed based on existing county land use and zoning designations in the study area.
In November 2022 the Board of Commissioners approved amending Chapter 5, Transportation System Plan, of the County Comprehensive Plan to include projects and information from the plan. The amendments included:
- Adding transportation projects identified in the Damascus Mobility Plan to Tables 5-3a through 5-3c
- Adding transportation projects identified in the Damascus Mobility Plan to Map 5-11a
- Adding the Damascus Mobility Plan in Comprehensive Plan Appendix B: Summary of Supporting Documents
- Removing references to the City of Damascus.
- Staff Report to Board of Commissioners, Nov. 9, 2022
- Staff Report to Board of Commissioners, Sept. 28, 2022
- Planning Commission public hearing, Aug. 22, 2022
- Board of Commissioners Policy Session, July 27, 2022
- Draft Report, May 2022
The study area included most of the former City of Damascus planning area inside the Portland Metropolitan Urban Growth Boundary (UGB), except for:
- Properties and roadways generally west of 190th Drive that are planned by the City of Happy Valley through the Pleasant Valley/North Carver (PV/NC) Comprehensive Plan.
- Projects along OR 212, a state highway, that are the responsibility of the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT).
Documents and Background Information
- Open House, March 9, 2022
- Open House, Aug. 31, 2021
- Public Involvement Plan
- Transportation Planning Framework
- Evaluation of Damascus Mobility Plan Area Transportation System
- Future Damascus Mobility Plan Area Transportation System Conditions
- Alternatives Analysis, Project List, and Cost Estimates
- OR 212 (187th to 242nd) Intersection Refinement Study