Public Outreach and Meetings
Community participation is vital to the success of this plan. Join the conversation.
April 11, 2018
|Presentation to Senior Living Community
The Springs at Clackamas Woods
14404 SE Webster Road
Milwaukie, OR 97267
- Presentation and discussion about the Oak Lodge library.
April 5, 2018
|Oak Lodge Library Spanish-Language Meeting
Riverside Elementary School
16303 SE River Road
- Spanish-language meeting to provide information about the project to build a new library in Oak Lodge, as well as other projects in the Oak Lodge area.
- Reunión en español para charlar sobre un proyecto para construir una nueva biblioteca en Oak Lodge, así como otros proyectos interesantes en Oak Grove y Jennings Lodge.
April 3, 2018
|Update to Board of County Commissioners
BCC Hearing Room
2051 Kaen Road
Oregon City, OR
Jan. 29, 2018
|Oak Lodge Library
Rex Putnam High School
4950 SE Roethe Road
- Purpose of the January meeting is to: Start working on a vision for the Oak Lodge area, with a specific focus on the new library. This will be the first meeting of a longer effort.
- Meeting materials
Jan. 11, 2018
|Public Meeting: Gladstone Library
Gladstone Senior Center
1050 Portland Ave.
- Learn more about the library and what this solution means for Gladstone residents.
- Learn about the ballot measure that Gladstone residents will be voting on in May.
- Begin a conversation on what residents would like to see in their library, including location, services, and amenities.
- If you can’t make it to the public meeting, there will be an opportunity to learn more and engage online through an online public open house.
- Construction of a new library, approximately 19,500 sq. ft. (nearly three times larger than present)
- Located within the Oak Lodge library service area (specific site to be determined after public input).
- Residents will shape the library through a visioning process to meet needs and interests.
- A modern library downtown of approximately 6,000 sq. ft., constructed on city-owned land.
- Constructing the library is dependent on successful passage of a Gladstone ballot measure to eliminate the prohibition on using city general funds for the library. Gladstone residents are expected to vote on this measure in May 2018.
- City of Gladstone will continue to subsidize library operations at current levels.
- Operated by Clackamas County to minimize costs. Library staff will become county employees.