On July 5th, 2023, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development released the annual Continuum of Care (CoC) Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). The intent is to fund programs that move people from homelessness into permanent housing.
The local competition for FY 2023 CoC funding is now open!
The deadline for applications is Sunday, August 20th, 11:59pm. Project applications are submitted through ESNAPS and score cards will be emailed to Raina Smith-Roller (email@example.com)
All application materials will be reviewed by Clackamas County’s CoC Steering Committee.
Eligible projects include Rapid Rehousing (RRH), Joint Component Transitional Housing-Rapid Rehousing (TH-RRH), Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH), and Supportive Services Only- Coordinated Entry. This year applicants are able to:
- Expand an existing program by adding beds, services, etc. to an existing project
- Consolidate two projects with the same project type during the application process
- Apply for a “Transitions grant” to help agencies move toward a different program type (ie Transitional housing to Rapid Rehousing) slowly over the course of a year
- Apply for a new, reallocated project
- Apply for a new bonus project: amount to be determined
- Apply for a renewal project
All agencies planning to or considering applying are encouraged to read the NOFO in full.
We will be hosting a virtual FY 2023 CoC Local Competition Technical Assistance Meeting August 8th, from 11:00am-1:00pm. This meeting is optional and you are not required to attend in order to apply for or receive COC funds. This meeting is separate from any other HUD hosted or sponsored meetings related to the NOFO.
For more information, please email Raina Smith-Roller (firstname.lastname@example.org), with your name, agency and email address.