Online Submittals and Applications
As required by state law, electrical work is not allowed until a permit has been issued. Electrical installation is defined as:
- construction or installation of electrical wiring and the permanent attachment
- installation of electrical products in or on any structure that is not itself an electrical product
- maintenance or repair of installed electrical wiring and permanently attached electrical products.
For specific instances when a permit is not needed, refer to ORS 479.540.
Contractor License Verification
To verify electrical contractor license information with the state, call 503-373-1268.
- Electrical Permit Technician/Clerical Support: 503-742-4240
- Plan Review or Code Inquiries: 503-742-4764