We help make a safe and vibrant built environment by providing permitting, plan review and inspection services. These services ensure that minimum building standards are met for your safety, and the safety of all building users and occupants.
We can assist you if your project is within unincorporated Clackamas County or select cities. See if your project is in the county's jurisdiction to determine if we issue the permits for your work.
What are you here to do today?
- Locate permit forms
- Find the status of a permit application or results of a recent inspection
- Search general permit information
- Schedule a building, mechanical, plumbing, electrical or grading inspection
- Get a fee estimate to build a new single family residence
- Apply for contractor permit
- Find structural design criteria for Clackamas County
- Learn about septic systems
- Solve a building code violation
We are here to help. You can contact a permit specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-742-4240.
Location and office hours
We are on the second floor of the Development Services Building at 150 Beavercreek Rd in Oregon City. map
8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday
- Asbestos paperwork is required for materials brought to Metro transfer stations for all loads of construction, remodeling or demolition waste that may contain asbestos.
- Prescriptive solar permits may now be submitted online for eligible projects.
- Milwaukie electrical permits within the city limits of Milwaukie are now issued through the Milwaukie Building Department at 6101 SE Johnson Creek Blvd. For assistance, call 503-786-7575.
- Driveway inspections are now performed by the Engineering Division for all driveway aprons and frontage sidewalks, including those in subdivisions. Please call 503-742-4700 to schedule an inspection.
Building Codes inspects the flatwork portion of driveways from the back of the sidewalk to the garage or house. Please call 503-742-4720 to schedule an inspection.
- Septic and onsite wastewater regulates the installation, repair and maintenance of septic systems for homes and businesses not served by community sewer systems.