Contact Vets and Microchip Companies
Contact your veterinarian and microchip company to ensure that they have up-to-date contact information about your pet in their records. Microchip companies will put a "lost" flag on any pets with their microchips, so contact them immediately after losing your pet.
Check County Listings
Check for your pet in our Lost and Found Animals listings and use the drop down menu to search for lost pets that people have found.
- If your pet is at the Clackamas County shelter, please call 503-655-8628 to schedule a reclaim appointment.
- When you come to reclaim your pet, please bring proof of rabies vaccination (if you have a current one), proof of ownership, such as vet records and photos, and your state-issued driver's license or identification card.
Please note: Unlicensed pets whose owners cannot be located are held for 3 business days before becoming eligible for adoption. If possible, visit or call the shelter every 3 days to look for your dog.
File a Lost Pet Report
Send a Lost/Found Pet Notification to Dog Services
- After submitting the report and photo, check our Lost and Found Animals list and click the "Lost" button. Your posting will be available as a flyer that you can print and hang up in your community.
- If you have any questions about lost and found reports, please contact us at 503-655-8628 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help.
Animal Shelters and Clinics
Check for your pet in neighboring animal shelters, and local and 24-hour veterinary clinics.
Online Community Pages
Post information about your lost pet in online community websites.
- Craigslist.com - post under pets section for lost pets, and search found posts daily
- Facebook - click "like" to post to your local community and city pages (ex. Clackamas County Lost Pets, City of Canby, City of Happy Valley, etc.)
- Canby NOW
- Clackamas Co. Lost/Found Pets
- Clackamas County Pet Stop
- Estacada Neighborhood Watch/Oregon Lost & Found Pets
- Lost/Found Pets-Washington County
- Lost & Found Pets of Monmouth Independence Oregon
- Lost Dogs Oregon
- Molalla NOW
- Neighborhood Crime Watch: Mount Hood Villages
- Oak Grove Observer
- Oregon City Lost & Found Pets
- Portland Missing & Found Pets
- Sandy Lost Pets
- West Linn Community Page
- Oregon Live or your local online newspaper