Project is in design phase.
Updated: Feb., 12, 2021
The intersection of Canby-Marquam Hwy and Lone Elder Rd is a T-intersection that is stop-controlled on Lone Elder Rd and uncontrolled along Canby-Marquam Hwy. The project will reconstruct the intersection and add a northbound left-turn lane. Congestion in the northbound direction on Canby-Marquam Hwy occurs in large part from vehicles waiting to turn left onto Lone Elder Road.
To reduce wait times on Canby-Marquam Highway at Lone Elder Road and create a safer intersection for all travelers.
- The county hired Cardno (Engineers) to design the Canby-Marquam Highway project. The design phase began March 2020 with surveying. The remaining design and right of way phase efforts will continue through spring 2022. Construction will likely begin summer 2022, during the daytime hours. Construction is expected to be complete by winter 2022.
- Rolling single lane closures and detours may be needed during construction in 2022.
- Completion of design and start of right of way planning work.
- Project estimate $708,000
- Funding is provided from the Community Road Fund and Countywide Transportation System Development Charges.
Projects funded through the new Community Road Fund will increase safety, relieve congestion and maintain local roads.