Two culverts carrying Conway Creek under Aschoff Road in the Rhododendron area are damaged, undersized, and do not easily allow fish and wildlife to pass upstream and will be replaced with a modular bridge.
Updated: Nov. 28, 2023
To minimize potential impacts to the roadway due to flooding and to provide access for fish and other aquatic organisms to reach upstream cold-water habitat.
- Design: Jan. 2024 – Spring 2025
- Right of way: Fall 2024 – Spring 2025
- Construction: Summer 2025 – Winter 2026
- A road closure may be needed during construction. Project is expected to take up to 2 months to construct
- Site work planned to take place during the prescribed in-water work period of July 15 to August 31
- Project in planning phase
- Design phase to start in January 2024 pending grant funding approval
- Project estimate $1.9 million.
- Funding is provided from county road funds. We are submitting a grant application for federal funds from the Culvert Aquatic Organism Passage grant program.