Updated: Nov. 15, 2023
Reducing rear-end crashes by improving visibility of intersection
Most crashes at this intersection are rear-end collisions. Includes installing a radar detection system to detect vehicles as they approach the Knights Bridge Road/Arndt Road intersection. The detection prevents the signal from changing to another direction prematurely and placing drivers in a dilemma of deciding to go through the intersection or not, causing longer wait times. Also adding signal ahead signs and pavement markings to alert drivers of changing conditions.
To provide a safer roadway for all users by increasing visibility of intersection.
- Design: Summer 2023 - Winter 2023
- Right of way: Winter 2022 - Spring 2023
- Construction: Fall 2024 - Summer 2025
Traffic impacts will be minor during installation.
- Project estimate $325,000.
- Funding is provided from HB2017 state gas taxes.