Projects funded through the new Community Road Fund will increase safety, relieve congestion and maintain local roads.
Updated: Nov. 28, 2023
Improving safety for students who walk and bike to school
When the sun doesn’t shine for multiple days in a row, the solar powered school flashing beacons may not have enough power to operate reliably. We will connect the signs to power utilities at seven locations throughout the county.
Flashing signs will be upgraded at:
- Courtney Ave at Oak Grove Elementary
- River Road at Jennings Lodge Elementary
- River Road at Riverside Elementary
- 152nd Ave at Oregon Trail Elementary
- Webster Road at Alder Creek Middle School
- 242nd Ave at Lewis and Clark Charter School
- 172nd Ave at Scouters Mountain Elementary
To maintain reliable operations, provide safer roadways for all users and to reduce maintenance costs.
- Design: August 2023 to March 2024
- Construction: April 2024 to Dec. 2024
Expect shoulder and lane closures with minimal delays during construction.
- Project estimate $580,000.
- Funding is provided from Community Road Funds.