Projects funded through the new Community Road Fund will increase safety, relieve congestion and maintain local roads.
Project is in design phase.
Updated: Jan. 13, 2021
Widening Stafford Road to add bike lanes and realigning intersections at Johnson Road and Childs Road. Adding southbound left-turn lane at Johnson Road and a traffic signal or roundabout at Childs Road.
To provide a safe route for bikes along Stafford Road and improve safety and capacity at the intersections of Stafford Road and Johnson Road and Stafford Road and Childs Road.
Spring 2023 to Winter 2024
Things To Be Aware Of
- Impacts to vehicle and bicycle facilities and delays during construction.
- Current activities: Roadway improvement design
- Project estimate is $10.1 million
- Funding is provided from Community Road Funds and Transportation System Development Charges.
- Presentation to Stafford Hamlet, Jan. 12, 2021