Design, permitting and right of way
Updated: Dec. 21, 2023
Adding a single-lane roundabout at Childs Road, realigning Johnson Road to eliminate intersection skew and reduce steep slopes, adding a southbound left-turn lane at Johnson Road, widening Stafford Road between Pattulo Way and Rosemont Road to add bike lanes, and replacing the Pecan Creek culvert at Childs Road with a larger, fish-passable culvert.
To improve safety and capacity at the intersections of Stafford Road with Johnson Road and Childs and to provide a safe route for bikes along Stafford Road.
- Design: March 2021 to Dec. 2024
- Right of way: Sept. 2022 to June 2024
- Utility relocation: Fall 2024 to Winter 2025
- Construction: Spring 2025 to Winter 2026
Design of roadway improvements, environmental permitting, utility relocation coordination, and right of way activities.
Impacts to vehicle and bicycle facilities and delays during construction.
- Project estimate is $17.3 million
- Funding is provided from Community Road Funds and Transportation System Development Charges.
- Presentation to West Linn Council, Oct. 2, 2023
- Presentation to Stafford Hamlet, Nov. 8, 2022
- Presentation to Stafford Hamlet, March 8, 2022
- Presentation to Stafford Hamlet, Jan. 12, 2021
- Road Safety Audit: Stafford Road between Wilsonville and Lake Oswego City Limits Report to Hamlet, Feb 2018
- PGE Tonquin infrastructure upgrade project
The goal is to maintain the highest level of service and safety to the traveling public during construction. Because of the narrow roadway and steep topography along the project, keeping the road open to vehicles could pose an unsafe condition for road users and construction workers. By proposing road closures, the county is prioritizing the safety of the traveling public, the safety of construction workers, efficiency of the construction work, and overall time of construction and cost of the project.
Yes, local access will be maintained for homeowners and emergency services.
Guardrail will be installed along Stafford Road in areas with steep drop-offs, specifically along the west side of Stafford Road and at the intersection of Childs Road.