The culvert under SE 427th Ave that carries Tickle Creek is severely damaged and needs to be replaced. The damage was caused by a washout under the roadway next to the culvert. The culvert will be replaced with a larger, fish-friendly culvert.
Preparing for construction
Updated: Aug. 31, 2023
To protect the integrity of the road and to provide safe passage for fish and other wildlife.
Construction is scheduled to begin Friday, September 1 and will continue through November 2023.
427th Ave is closed to all traffic. The road will remain closed until the culvert is replaced and the roadway is repaired.
- Setting up erosion and sediment control
- Temporary water management and fish protection
- Excavation and removal of existing culvert
- Installation of new, 10-ft diameter corrugated metal culvert
- Streambed restoration and tree plantings
- Re-paving roadway over new culvert area
- Project estimate $810,000
- Funding is provided from county road funds