If you need to report child abuse or neglect, contact the Department of Human Services (DHS) at 971-673-7112.
Children have the right to:
- permanency with a safe family
- freedom from physical, sexual or emotional abuse or exploitation
- freedom from substantial neglect of basic needs
You are a mandatory reporter of child abuse or neglect if you are any of the following:
- certified provider of child care or foster care or their employees
- clergymen or clergywomen
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
- firefighters or emergency medical technician
- licensed clinical social worker
- licensed practical nurses or registered nurse
- licensed professional counselor
- naturopathic physician
- peace officer
- school employee
- state or county employee
Per Oregon Revised Statutes, all Juvenile Department staff are mandatory reporters and are required by law to report to DHS any incident of child abuse and/or neglect that comes to their attention.
Find out more at Department of Human Services.