This is a learning opportunity for you to develop an understanding of the duties and responsibilities for supervising youth on a work crew. Youth are earning money to pay restitution to victims and court fees/fines. Crews are an excellent venue to develop leadership skills.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of supervising youth in a work setting.
- Learn philosophical perspectives endorsed and implemented by the Juvenile Department, such as Best Practices and Restorative Justice.
- Observe and assist in the facilitation of completing a project and keeping youth motivated to complete daily work tasks.
- Shifts begin at 10 a.m. and will return at 4:15 p.m. Pick up and drop off location is at the Annex building, 2106 Kaen Road.
- Crew runs on Saturday and Sunday rain or shine, but may be cancelled in the event of ice or snow. Call Wayne to be certain.
- Crews are conducted outside and consist of hard physical labor.
- Water is provided, but you will need to bring your own lunch.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Expect to get dirty.
- No revealing clothing, logos promoting alcohol, tobacco or drugs are allowed.
- No cut-offs.
- No open toe shoes.