As Clackamas County approaches the thick of the wildfire season, we know preparedness is a top priority for our community. We want to learn from our experiences responding to wildfires, and are working to update our Emergency Operations Plan to better prepare for future disasters. Commissioners are very interested in hearing directly from you about your experiences during the recent wildfires and to offer suggestions for improved response.
Commissioners want to hear the following:
- In terms of county government response to last year’s wildfires, what went right?
- How can the county and partners better serve the public when future wildfires break out?
In addition to the county commissioners, the following guests will join the conversation to briefly speak on how their respective organizations/departments have prepared for this wildfire season:
- Daniel Nibouar, Clackamas County Disaster Management Interim Director
- Captain Brad O’Neil, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office
- Assistant Chief Brian Stewart, Clackamas Fire District #1
How to join / participate
Town Halls are held over Zoom.
For those who cannot join the event, but would still like to relay a comment or ask a question, email email@example.com with “Wildfire Listening Session” in the subject line, and be sure to provide your name and city/area of residence. One question/comment per resident, please. Shorter emails (1 minute or less) have a greater chance of being relayed.
Due to time constraints, comments will be limited. Please be advised that the Board or the Chair reserves the right to stop comments that are out-of-order or off-topic.