When you call, please listen to the menu options and choose the one that is most appropriate for you. Be sure to leave all requested information.
You may be eligible for help with your power bill
- You don't have to have a past-due notice.
- You may be eligible even if you pay your bill every month.
- Assistance is available for a variety of energy needs.
Energy Assistance provides eligible Clackamas County low-income households with a payment towards heating and cooling bills.
Our funding sources may be able to assist with:
- natural gas
Please call us at 503-650-5640.
- Be sure to leave all requested information and select if you would like assistance by appointment or if you'd like an application mailed to you.
- We operate on a first come, first served basis.
- It is important to continue paying on your utilities while applying for and even if you receive Energy Assistance.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility is based on the total gross household income received by all adults age 18 and over living in the home at the time of the application. This program is only available to residents of Clackamas County.
|2020 program year income guidelines
(Effective Oct. 1, 2019)
|For a household size of:||Income cannot be over:|
|60% of Median
|60% of Median
|Each additional member||$1,499 annually||$124.92 monthly|
Program dates and times of operation
Targeted Heating Assistance: Targeted heating assistance is conducted from October 1 through November 30 for the most vulnerable senior and disabled Clackamas County residents including those that are homebound, those who are medically fragile and those requiring assistance to apply for services
Outreach is also conducted to households with children under age 6 to provide information about the program and how to apply for assistance
Heating Assistance (open to all): Heating assistance to the general population is from December 1 through April 30, as funds allow.
Targeted Cooling Assistance: Targeted cooling assistance will be conducted from May 1 through May 31 for the most vulnerable Clackamas County residents that are medically fragile and/or have a medical certificate or letter on file with their utility or our agency.
Cooling Assistance (open to all): Cooling assistance to the general population is from June 1 through September 15, as funds allow.