What we do
We provide low income residents:
- Assistance paying for heating with electricity, natural gas, oil, propane, wood or pellets.
- Assistance paying for cooling with electricity.
We also offer limited water and wastewater payment help to customers of certain utilities. Your utility will contact you and encourage you to apply if you qualify.
For more information, please contact the Utility Support Program directly at 503-650-5640.
Who we serve
Heating and cooling assistance eligibility is based on total household income.
We prioritize assistance to seniors, those with disabilities, and households with young children.
- For 2022-23 heating assistance, we will start accepting applications:
- Oct. 1 from seniors (62) and households with a person identified as having a disability.
- Nov. 1 for the above group and also households with one or more children 6 and under.
After accepting applications from priority residents, we offer assistance to the general population as funds allow.
- We accept applications from the general public Dec. 1 through April 30 for heating, and Jun. 1 through Sept. 15 for cooling.
2022-23 income guidelines
|Household Unit Size||Annual Gross Income*||Monthly Gross Income*|
|Each additional member||$1,803||$150.25|
* Gross income means all household income before any deductions
How to apply
You can request an application by providing us your contact information at the form below, or by calling 503-650-5640. We'll send you a prepaid envelope for you to fill with your application, as well as copies of related documents. Don't forget to sign and date your application before sending it back.