(Based on the 2002 Edition of the Oregon Manufactured Dwelling and Park Specialty Code)
Inspection request must be received before 7 a.m. the day of the inspection. Clackamas County does not make appointments. We will attempt to honor requests for morning or afternoon inspections, but no guarantees will be made. If the dwelling is occupied, the applicant or an adult must be present to let the inspector in and remain during the inspection. Call us at 503-353-4720 to request inspections.
Verifies the following:
- applicable permits have been obtained
- set-backs are maintained
- vegetation removal
- stand (area where dwelling is to be placed) leveled
- site graded and drained
- engineered fill tested and report submitted
- poured-in-place footing and slab forms and reinforcement
- concrete encased grounding electrodes, if applicable
Exception: If there are no poured-in-place footing, slab, or concrete encased grounding electrodes, the site inspection will be done with the Set-Up Inspection.
Verifies the following:
- applicable permits obtained
- plot plan information and a soil compaction test or soil investigation report when required
- stand preparation, vegetation removal, placement of gravel pad, and gravel compaction when required
- foundation installation
- vapor barrier installation
- pier and footing type, size, and spacing
- perimeter foundation or basement construction
- holdowns or earthquake-resistant bracing system if applicable*
- bottom board repair
- fire separation between adjacent structures (i.e. garage)
- temporary steps in place and adequately supported
* Holdowns and earthquake resistant bracing systems are not required in Clackamas County. If you are going to install holdowns or an earthquake bracing system, you may add it to your installation permit or take out a separate permit if being added at a later date.
Retrofit installations for existing dwellings will require a separate permit. (Holdowns and earthquake bracing systems shall be approved by the State of Oregon, or be an engineered system.)
Marriage line connections
- weather Stripping and weather seals at floor, walls, and roof connections
- exposed roof and wall marriage line structural connections
- floor marriage line structural connections
- anchor type, approval, location, installation, and attachments
- shut-off and Pressure-reducing valves
- heat tape or pipe insulation
- pipe size, material, grade, and support
- marriage line cross-over pipe connections
- water supply utility connection within 30 feet of unit perimeter
- septic or sewer utility pipe connection within 30 feet of unit perimeter
- under-floor dryer and range exhaust duct rough-in
- duct crossover material, R-value, size, clearance, and connection
- flue, chimney and vent material, size, clearance, connections, and terminations. (this inspection is for new or after market installations)
Fuel gas piping
- pipe type, size, material, and support
- pipe fittings, type, size, material, and use
- marriage line fuel gas pipe cross-over connection
- fuel gas supply connection
- feeder type, size, clearance, and installation within 30 feet and in sight of home
- service type, size, clearance, location, support, and installation
- fixture type, support, and connections
- marriage line electrical cross-over connections
- conduit and fitting type, size, material, and support
- wiring type, size, material, and securement
- wiring methods and connections
Note: If the permit holder or the permit holders agent fails to call for a setup inspection, or causes the under-floor area to be enclosed prior to the set-up inspection; the permit holder or the permit holders agent shall:
- remove the skirting prior to obtaining an inspection
- hire a certified inspector to perform the set-up inspection. A copy of the certified inspector’s report shall be provided.
Includes a verification of the following:
- skirting installation
- under-floor and utility connection access
- under-floor ventilation
- temporary step removal
- permanent step or ramp installation
- permanent landing, guardrail, and handrail construction
- site grading and drainage
- sidewalks and driveways
- door and window adjustment, seal, and securement
- accessory building and structure permits obtained (i.e. deck, awning, cabana, ramada, support, and garage)
- under-floor dryer and range exhaust duct through skirting or perimeter foundation and terminated with approved devices
- smoke detector location, installation, and test
- ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) test
- installer's certification tag(s) are installed
Note: The permit holder or the permit holder's agent shall request a final inspection within ten working days of the completion of the manufactured dwelling installation.
Installer certificate required
- Upon completion of a manufactured dwelling installation, cabana installation, anchoring system installation, skirting installation or perimeter retaining wall installation and prior to request for inspection, the person who performed the installation shall affix an Installer Certification Tag. Certification tags shall be affixed to the manufactured dwelling, cabana, or skirting in a visible location on he exterior of the rear end wall near the insignia or HUD label.
- When more than one installer installs a manufactured dwelling (i.e. one installs the foundation, one installs the tie-downs, and another installs the skirting), each installer shall affix a separate Installer Certification Tag on the manufactured dwelling indication the work performed.
- On secondary installations, all previous Installer Certification Tags shall be removed and replaces with new tags for the new installation.
- When plumbing or electrical installations or connections are done by an Oregon licensed plumbing or electrical contractor Manufactured dwelling Installer Certification Tags are not required to be installed.
- Manufactured dwellings Installer Certification Tags are not required for homeowners doing their own installation.
All manufactured dwellings shall be equipped with operating smoke detectors or alarms at the time of installation regardless of the age of the manufactured dwelling.