Projects funded through the new Community Road Fund will increase safety, relieve congestion and maintain local roads.
Updated: Nov. 16, 2023
Although there are no immediate safety concerns related to the stability of the bridge or the roadway, the Bear Creek Bridge in the Molalla area is undersized. This project will replace the bridge and improve the roadside shoulders along S Molalla Ave from Sawtell Road to the Molalla City limits, just south of W 7th St.
To provide a safer bridge and roadway for all users.
- Design: Spring 2024 - Fall 2025
- Right of way: Fall 2024 - Fall 2025
- Construction: Spring 2026 - Fall 2026
- A full road closure and detour is expected for the bridge replacement project during construction.
- No project activities are occurring at this time.
- Project estimate $1.85 million.
- Funding is provided from Community Road Funds and transportation system development charges.