Project description: The scope of this project is to install a traffic signal at the intersection of Highway 224 and Springwater Road to improve operation and safety at this intersection.
Status: A contract has been signed. The contractor is expected to begin site preparation work in August 2018.
- Construction: Summer-fall 2018
Contact: Stan Monte, Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-742-4678
Consultant: Parametrix Engineering
Contractor: Northstar Electrical
Things to be aware of:
- There are no closures or detours anticipated as a result of this project.
- Installation of the signals will probably not take place until late 2018 because of the wait time for aluminum poles, brought on by the current erratic and expensive supply of aluminum, steel and other metals.
- Preparation work beginning in August includes:
- Setting foundations for poles and conduits for signals
- Installing curbs, sidewalks, storm drainage and, if needed, moving utilities
- Paving and striping
- The estimated cost is $835,000
You may be interested to know:
- The traffic signal is being built by Clackamas County as an ODOT facility.
- Right-of-way acquisition will be provided by ODOT.
Project exhibits: Click on the image below to see a larger version.