Project description: Construct 950 feet of pedestrian improvements -- a multi-use pathway, new curb, sidewalk and sidewalk ADA ramps -- adjacent to the west side of Candy Lane Elementary School on Portland Avenue between Hull Avenue and Jennings Avenue. The total project includes the design, engineering and construction of sidewalks and stormwater improvements, and new and updated signs.
Current activities: Construction began June 18, 2018.
Schedule: Construction is planned for June – October 2018
- Workers are scheduled to be onsite from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. There may be one weekend of work at the intersection of SE Portland and Hull Avenues.
- On-street parking will be limited to the west side of SE Portland Avenue except near the north end.
- Residents north of the intersection will have access to and from their homes at all times.
- Segments of sidewalk will be closed for limited periods of time.
- There may be some temporary lane closures with flaggers onsite to guide travelers.
- No road closures are expected unless the contractor rebuilds the intersection over one weekend. We will give you advance notice if that happens.
Contact: Bob Knorr, Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-742-4680
Engineer: DOWL Engineering, Inc.
Contractor: PCR, Inc.
Things to be aware of: This is a cooperative project with the County’s Housing and Community Development Division (HCD) and the Oregon City School District.
- Estimated project cost is $500,000
- Funded through a Federal Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant, with matching funds coming from the county.