Project description: Construct 950 feet of pedestrian improvements -- a multi-use pathway, new curb, sidewalk and sidewalk ADA ramps -- adjacent to the west side of Candy Lane Elementary School on Portland Avenue between Hull Avenue and Jennings Avenue. The total project includes the design, engineering and construction of sidewalks and stormwater improvements, and new and updated signs.
Current activities: Phase II Construction to begin May 14, 2019.
Schedule: Construction is planned for June-October 2019
- The project is mostly complete with minor items and short term task work occurring when scheduled. The normal schedule is otherwise Wednesday, May 15 to Monday, Aug. 19, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday–Friday, for Sidewalks, Curb Ramps, Stormwater, and Roadway Improvements. On-street parking will be limited to the west side of SE Portland Avenue except near the north end.
- Residents north of the intersection will have access to and from their homes at all times.
- Segments of the sidewalk will be closed for limited periods of time.
- There may be some temporary lane closures with flaggers onsite to guide travelers.
- Construction Update: We are completing ADA curb ramps, sidewalk sections and curb, stormwater structures, and pavement at the SE Portland/SE Hull Avenue intersection
Much of the re-construction of the west driveway to the Candy Lane Elementary School parent/staff parking lot, leading onto SE Portland Avenue, is done. We are working with school officials to ensure a safe environment for children in the area.
Contact: Bob Knorr, Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-742-4680
Engineer: DOWL Engineering, Inc.
Contractor: D&D Concrete and Utilities, Inc.
Things to be aware of: This is a cooperative project with the County’s Housing and Community Development Division (HCD) and the Oregon City School District.
- Estimated project cost is $500,000
- Funded through a Federal Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant, with matching funds coming from the county