Updated: Nov. 16, 2023
Reducing wait times and improving safety
Reliable and accurate vehicle detection is required for proper traffic signal operation, to minimize vehicle delay and improve safety. We will replace traffic signal video detection systems at six intersections due to failing equipment and equipment no longer supported by the vendor.
Video detection will be upgraded at the following intersections:
- 172nd Ave and Rock Creek
- Otty Road and Fuller Road
- Monterey Ave and 85th Ave
- Stafford Road and Ek Road
- Park Ave and 27th Ave
To maintain reliable signal operations, reduce wait times and provide safer roadways for all users.
- Design: Jan. 2023 to Summer 2024
- Construction: Summer 2023 to Spring 2025
Expect shoulder and lane closures with minimal delays during construction.
- Project estimate $585,000.
- Funding is provided from county road funds.