The Internal Auditor conducts audits to help protect the public's interest and improve the performance, accountability, and transparency of Clackamas County government.
Overview of Internal Audit
We are here to help Clackamas County accomplish its mission and strategic objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Internal Auditor reports administratively to the Clackamas County Treasurer and functionally to the Internal Audit Oversight Committee.
Internal Audit primarily performs four types of engagements:
- assurance services
- consulting services
- investigative engagements
- follow-up audits
- Work to improve county government service and performance by focusing audit work on areas of high risk and high impact.
- Work with management to improve functions and processes and strengthen internal controls.
- Build public trust by informing Clackamas County citizens of the results of our efforts to improve county government.
- Deter and address fraud and theft of county resources through an employee fraud, waste, and abuse hotline (EthicsPoint).