The Land Use Hearings Officer is an impartial third party contracted by the county to hear land-use applications that require judgment and discretion in applying the Clackamas County Zoning and Development Ordinance, as well as the Clackamas County Comprehensive Plan and other criteria under State law. The Hearings Officer may impose conditions in order for the application to comply with county and state regulations and to minimize impacts to surrounding properties.
- Hearings will not begin before the time noted but may begin later depending on the length of prior items.
- Any interested person may attend the hearing to listen or testify.
- To comply with current social distancing requirements, this public hearing will only be conducted virtually using the Zoom platform. One week before the hearing, a Zoom link to the public hearing and details on how to observe and testify online or by telephone will be available below next to the applicable file number.
- Applications may be viewed online. After selecting the “Planning” tab, enter the Record (File) Number to search. (Do not include the second dash or the letters that follow it.) Select Record Info and then select “Attachments” from the dropdown list, where you will find the submitted application.
- Please direct questions to the staff planner, whose contact information is found by selecting the file number below.
- Clackamas County is committed to providing access and will make reasonable accommodations, modifications, or provide translation, interpretation or other services upon request. Please contact us at least three business days before the meeting at 503-742-4545 or email email@example.com.
- 503-742-4545: ¿Traducción e interpretación? | Требуется ли вам устный или письменный перевод? | 翻译或口译？| Cấn Biên dịch hoặc Phiên dịch? | 번역 또는 통역?
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Applicant: Oregon Ariyamagga Okasati Refuge; through contact Tracy Brown
Property owner: Oregon Ariyamagga Okasati Refuge
Proposal: Place of worship - intended to be hermitage, where monks reside and interact with the lay community. A manufactured home is located on the property and is used to house four monks and a lay supporter. Typical activity includes 4-10 visitors on weekdays and up to 20 persons once or twice a month on a weekend day. Approximately four times a year the organization has larger events attended by about 150-200 people on a weekend day.
Applicable zoning and development ordinance criteria: Sections 316, 804, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1009, 1010, 1015, 1021 and 1203
These criteria may be viewed online
Site address and/or location: 38730 SE Highway 211; south of Sandy City limits/Dubarko Road at Tupper Road.
Assessor’s map: T2S, R4E, Section 24BA , Tax Lot(s) 01100
Property size: total property size approximately 5.11-acres
Zoning: RRFF-5, Rural Residential Farm Forest
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Applicant: Bruce Erickson, for Robert Stinson
Property owner: Mountain Shadow, LLC
Proposal: Expansion of Hoodcourse Acres manufactured dwelling park – addition of 26 manufactured dwelling spaces. Property at 25297 E. Welches Road in Welches
Applicable zoning and development ordinance criteria: Sections 317, 825, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1009, 1010, 1015, 1021 and 1203
These criteria may be viewed online.
Site address and/or location: 25297 E. Welches Road; at E. Routledge Road and E. Welches Road in Welches
Assessor’s map: T3S, R7E, Section 05AD , Tax Lot(s) 00100
Property size: total property size approximately 15.65-acres: existing MH Park on 8.50 acres, this addition on 7.15 acres adjacent to north
Zoning: MRR, Mountain Recreational Resort
Thursday, July 8, 2021
Appellant/applicant: Everett Griffin
Property owner: Everett Griffin
Proposal: Placement of private, noncommercial, 35-ft. by 20-ft. / 700 sq. ft. dock in the Willamette River
Greenway and floodplain.
Planning director’s initial decision: Denial
Applicable zoning and development ordinance and comprehensive plan criteria: 202, 401, 703, 705 and
1307. These criteria may be viewed online.
Site address and/or location: 540 NW River Park Place, Canby, OR, 97013
Assessor’s map: T3S, R1E, Section 21BC, Tax Lot(s) 00700, W.M.
Property size: Approximately 0.45 acres
Zoning: Exclusive Farm Use (EFU)
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Appellant/applicant: Dallas Montgomery
Property owner: Scott and Kristen Kirkland
Proposal: An appeal of a three lot partition to divide the subject 16.47 acre property into 3 parcels; one of approximately 8.56 acres for an existing home site (labelled as Parcel “2”), one of 3.65 acres for a new home site (labelled as Parcel “1”), and one of 4.26 acres for a new home site (labelled as Parcel “3”)
Planning director’s initial decision: Approved with Conditions
Applicable zoning and development ordinance and comprehensive plan criteria: 202, 316, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1006, 1007, 704, 1105, 1307. These criteria may be viewed online.
Site address and/or location: 15122 S SPRINGWATER RD
Assessor’s map: T2S, R3E, Section 19, Tax Lot(s) 700, 701 and 800/890, W.M.
Property size: Approximately 16.47 acres