Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.
Individuals interested in this opportunity can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751.
North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District Budget Committee
The North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (NCPRD) is seeking interested community members to serve three-year terms on the NCPRD Budget Committee. In particular, the county is seeking applicants with a background in finance and parks and recreation services. The Budget Committee participates annually with the Board in receiving and reviewing the NCPRD budget. The NCPRD Budget Committee participates in budget meetings in the spring and approves the budget and District tax rate each year. The history and other background regarding the North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District can be found on the NCPRD website.
Applicants from the District’s service area who are dedicated and committed to parks and recreation services are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is Dec. 31, 2023. For more information, contact Kallie Guentner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-318-3976.
Clackamas Workforce Partnership
The Clackamas Workforce Partnership (CWP) is actively recruiting members of our Board of Directors. Potential members must have optimum policy-making authority within the entities they represent. CWP currently has 2 positions available in the public sector.
CWP is a business-led workforce development organization dedicated to taking a leadership role in forging a strong and vital partnership between business and the workforce development community; fostering an accountable, market-driven and world class public workforce system. The board of directors is made up of representatives from business, organized labor, education, economic development, community-based organizations, and local government. CWP’s mission is to address critical workforce, educational, and training challenges, and develop a skilled workforce that meets the needs of business and strengthens the local economy of Clackamas County. Employees of Clackamas County are not eligible to be board members.
The Clackamas Workforce Partnership Board:
- Invests federal and state resources to increase business productivity and promote a quality workforce in Clackamas County;
- Convenes businesses and community stakeholders to increase awareness of and to develop strategies to address local workforce challenges;
- Directs the implementation of comprehensive strategies for services to youth with special emphasis on the linkage between business and education and the development of academic and workforce readiness skills;
- Promotes business involvement in the workforce system and assists businesses in meeting their recruitment and employee retention needs;
- Coordinates workforce activities with economic development and educational organizations in Clackamas County communities;
- Provides direction, oversight and support to job seekers accessing the public workforce exchange system.
Application deadline is Jan. 10, 2024. For more information, please their website or call 503-657-6644.