The Emergency Medical Services Council (EMSC) advises commissioners and the County Health, Housing and Human Services Department in matters relating to emergency medical response and ambulance services.
About Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in Clackamas County are provided under contract by American Medical Response (AMR) and local fire agencies throughout the county.
AMR and fire agencies respond 24/7 to 9-1-1 calls with Advanced Life Support paramedics and transports to four local area hospitals and two Level 1 trauma centers in the metro area.
The Clackamas County Public Health Division is responsible for regulatory oversight, ongoing quality improvement initiatives and administration of the EMS Council that provides strategic policy direction to the Board of County Commissioners.
Membership as of April 2020
- Matt Dale, Chair, Government Ambulance Service Provider
- Steven Boughey, Advanced Life Support Paramedic in Clackamas County
- Joe Kofoed, M.D., Emergency Physician in Clackamas County
- Jason Mahle, Commercial Ambulance Provider (AMR)
- Phil Moyer, Resident of Clackamas County
- Richard Newton, Basic Life Support EMT in Clackamas County
- Sarah Present, M.D., Clackamas County Government
- Ritu Sahni, M.D. Clackamas County EMS Medical Director
- Josh Santos, City in Clackamas County
- Sue Scobert, Representative of PSAP in Clackamas County
- Vince Stafford, Clackamas County Fire Defense Board
- Sean Stone, M.D., Medical Director for EMS Provider Agency
The EMSC meets quarterly on the third Tuesday of January, April, July, and October from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. For more information, please contact Bill Conway, EMS Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-313-9170.