The Motor Carrier Safety Program is committed to enhancing the safe and efficient movement of commercial motor vehicles to support a safe travel network and a productive economy.
We work to prevent fatalities and injuries related to the movement of large trucks (over 10,000 pounds) by enforcing safety regulations, issuing permits to motor carriers to travel in Clackamas County and Oregon, and working with the motor carrier industry and the public to increase safety awareness.
What we do
- Issue motor carrier permits for commercial vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of over 10,000 pounds for Clackamas County and all of Oregon
- Inspect commercial motor vehicles in Clackamas County
- Provide information needed by motor carriers to safely and legally travel in and through Clackamas County and Oregon
- Rules and regulations
- Inspection lists
- Maps of motor carrier routes
- Educate motor carrier companies, the business community and the public about the importance of motor carrier safety
Maps and lists
Restricted roads, bridges and underpasses in Clackamas County
Restricted roads in Oregon
Motor Carrier Safety Coordinator