Clackamas Water Environment Services is updating its Sanitary and Stormwater Rules and Standards. The December 2021 draft versions of the Rules and Standards documents are available for review. Draft documents include:
- 2021 Rules 2021 Dec. Draft
- 2021 Stormwater Standards 2021 Dec. Draft
- 2021 Sanitary Standards 2021 Dec. Draft
- 2021 Buffer Standards 2021 Dec. Draft
WES' Rules and Standards Update Project was initiated to review existing rules and standards and recommend updates to: reflect new technologies, approaches, and development patterns; address regulatory changes and requirements; and provide uniform and streamlined development review and approval processes across WES’s service area.
Significant modifications to WES’ Rules and Standards include the following:
- Stormwater performance standards (retention, water quality, flow control), project thresholds, exemptions, and in-lieu fees
- Stormwater facility selection and design, facility types and allowable uses, prioritization, minimum design criteria
- Sanitary connection requirements, conveyance design standards, and pollution pretreatment requirements
- Fiscal policies regarding dwelling unit assignments for system development charges, developer reimbursements, and low income discounts
- Easements, maintenance, and use of public properties
At this critical step in the stakeholder involvement process we are gathering a final round of recommendations and comments on the documents before ordinance adoption in the first half of 2022. Note that there will be adoption hearings and formal public comment taken at that time.
- March 17, 2021: Public Comment Opens
- April 17, 2021: Public Comment Closes
- April – May 2021: Revisions
- March/April 2022: Adoption Hearings
- July 2022: Implementation
For questions please email us at WES-Rules-Update@clackamas.us
WES identified approximately 15 members of the development community (development engineers, planners, and others who utilize the rules and standards) to interview about sanitary and stormwater design standards. Information obtained during the interviews was compiled into a Stakeholder Interview Summary Memo.
Task Force Workshops
WES convened a Task Force to review and come to consensus regarding policy issues and technical standards that will be addressed in the rules and standards update. Members of the Task Force included both developers and municipal agency partners. The Task Force workshops were intended to introduce and get feedback on proposed policy and technical decisions.
Task Force Workshops included the following topics:
Project Overview and Task Force Role
Stormwater Performance Standards (Site Planning, Water Quality and Flow Control)
Stormwater Minimum Requirements and Facility types (including green infrastructure and proprietary systems)
Flow Duration Matching Tools
Sanitary and stormwater fiscal policies
At this critical step in the stakeholder involvement process we have gathered a final round of comments and are finalizing the documents before adoption hearings.
Note that there will be adoption hearings and formal public comment taken at that time.
|March/April 2022||Adoption Hearings|
|April – Oct. 2021||Revisions|
|April 17, 2021||Public Comment Closes|
|March 17, 2021||Public Comment Opens|
|Nov. 26, 2018||Presentation to County Commissioners|
|Informational Forum - Proposed Policy Boards|
|Sept. 10, 2018||Stakeholder Outreach Interview Summary|