Retirees and COBRA participants
- The first premium payment must be paid within 45 days from the date the election form is signed. The first payment must include the amount due from when premium begins through the month in which the completed election form is received by HR.
- If full payment is not received within 45 days, coverage will be canceled retroactively to the retiree/COBRA insurance eligibility date.
- Note: All future eligibility for coverage is lost unless the participant returns to active employment at Clackamas County in a benefits-eligible position.
- Participants are given the option of auto-pay enrollment. If they submit their auto-pay enrollment form after the 15th of the month prior to their first month's premium, the first month's payment must be made through money order, cash, or check.
Retirees / COBRA participants
- Premiums are due the 1st of the month in which the premium covers.
- Grace notices are sent fifteen days after the due date if payment has not been received for the current month.
- Once a premium is 30 days overdue, a letter is sent notifying the participant that payment must be received within fifteen days. Otherwise, the policy will be canceled.
- Once a premium is 45 days overdue, coverage will be canceled retroactively to the original due date. Participants are responsible for any claims incurred after the original due date.
- Once coverage is cancelled for non-payment, participants lose eligibility for future coverage through Clackamas County, unless they return to active employment in a benefits-eligible position.
Please contact Jason Morrill, HR Analyst, at HR: Benefits and Wellness with any questions at email@example.com or 503-655-8550, option 5.