Friends of Oak Lodge Public Library provide needed support to the Oak Lodge Library in these areas:
- special events and programs
- Children's Summer Reading program
- purchase of needed equipment
- volunteer appreciation
- purchase of material for the library collection
The Friends of the Library also operate a bookstore room at the Oak Lodge Library. The Bookstore is open the same hours as the library. The Bookstore has a selection of gently used hardcover fiction and non-fiction books, as well as almost new paperbacks. The Friends use the profits from the Bookstore to help the library in many ways. In the past years they have purchased:
- cultural passes for area attractions
- prize books and program expenses for the children's summer programs
- materials to build custom shelving units
- a subscription to Book Page, a monthly book review newspaper
- computer equipment
- DVD/CD disc resurfacing machine and supplies
Membership dues are $10 for individuals, and $50 for patrons. Larger contributions are always welcomed and much appreciated. Dues and any donations are tax deductible.
Meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 4:30 pm at the Oak Lodge LIbrary.
If you would like to become a Friend of Oak Lodge Public Library, or make a donation, please visit our website.
Donations or memberships can also be accepted at the following address:
- The Friends of Oak Lodge Public Library
16201 SE McLoughlin Blvd.
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Feel free to email the Friends of Oak Lodge Public Library with any questions.
Friends of Oak Lodge Public Library is a non-profit 501c3 organization that provides financial support to the Oak Lodge Library. It was assigned a page on the Clackamas County web server because its activities and support are inter-related.