WIC is here to help you reach your breastfeeding goals!
WIC breastfeeding services
Our staff is trained, experienced, and excited to help you gather information, set goals, and get breastfeeding off to a good start. We have several free and flexible options available to meet your needs.
- Prenatal Groups
Our group sessions cover many topics related to pregnancy and breastfeeding in detail. Moms love to learn alongside other moms with similar due dates! Partners and/or other support people are welcome.
- Breastfeeding Classes
These one-time breastfeeding classes cover all the basics. What to expect, getting off to a good start, and more! Partners and/or other support people are welcome.
Tuesday Lactation Connection! Join us any Tuesday from 11am to 2pm at our Oregon City WIC Program's Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Office. No appointment needed! Just walk-in for breastfeeding support from our staff and from other moms; you may weigh your baby too, if you wish.
- Other services
Breastfeeding help during our walk in hours, phone support, breast pumps depending on circumstances, and Spanish classes/groups/breastfeeding support. Call us at 503-723-4932 for more info!
Need evening or weekend help?
- Call your doctor or midwife's office.
- Call the birth center or hospital where you delivered to talk with a Lactation Consultant or Postpartum Nurse.
- Leave a message for us for non-urgent matters to be returned when we are in the office again (503-723-4932).
- Call La Leche League or Nursing Mother's Counsel for peer support.
- La Leche League's Mother to Mother Forums
- Dr. Jack Newman's International Breastfeeding Centre
- Breastfeeding USA
- Breastfeeding info for Dads
We look forward to working with you!
Clackamas County WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program
999 Library Court
Oregon City, OR 97045