Clackamas County Public Health strives to improve and protect the public's health through prevention, education, partnerships and healthy environments. Child care facilities play an essential role in providing a safe and healthy environment.
Clackamas County Environmental Health provides Sanitation Inspections for Certified Child Care Centers, Certified Family Child Care, and Certified School-Age Child Care required for annual Oregon Department of Early Learning and Care (DELC) licensing. We work closely with care facility operators at the time of inspection and are available throughout the year as questions or issues arise.
How to Request an Inspection
- Contact DELC to obtain or renew your license, and receive your Early Learning Division licensing packet.
- Complete Clackamas County’s Child Care Sanitation Inspection Request form.
Submit the completed form with the inspection fee to Clackamas County Environmental Health.
Call 503-742-5300 or 503-655-8384.
In Person or by Mail
Clackamas County Environmental Health
2051 Kaen Road, Suite 367
Oregon City, OR 97045 map
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (unless closed for holiday).
- An environmental health specialist will call you within 7 days of the receiving date to discuss inspection scheduling and needs.
New Child Care Centers
Per OAR 414-300-0010 (8), Certified Child Care Centers must submitt a floor plan to Environmental Health for plan review before initial construction or a remodel. Please contact us at 503-742-5300 for more information.
- Oregon Department of Early Learning and Care
- Foodhandler cards for child care providers CCDS website or CCCCRR website
- Dirty Dozen Playground Hazards
- Outdoor Playground Home Safety Handbook
- Public Playground Safety Handbook
- Manual de seguridad para parques infantiles públicos
For questions or additional information, please contact Clackamas County Environmental Health at 503-742-5300.