Clackamas County Public Health strives to improve and protect the public's health through prevention, education, partnerships and healthy environments. Child care facilities play an essential role in providing a safe and healthy environment.
Clackamas County Environmental Health provides Sanitation Inspections for Child Care Centers and Certified Family Child Care required for annual Early Learning Division licensing. We work closely with care facility operators at the time of inspection and are available throughout the year as questions or issues arise.
How to Request an Inspection
- Receive your Early Learning Division licensing packet and locate the Sanitation Inspection form.
- Complete the top section of page 1 and submit the form with inspection fee payment to Clackamas County Environmental Health.
Clackamas County Environmental Health
2051 Kaen Road, Suite 367
Oregon City, OR 97045 map
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (unless closed for holiday).
- An environmental health specialist will call you within 7 days of the receiving date to discuss inspection scheduling and needs.
New Child Care Centers
Per OAR 414-300-0010 (8), new child care centers must undergo a plan review at the time of initial licensing application to the Early Learning Division. Please contact us at 503-655-8384 for more information.
- State of Oregon's Early Learning Division
- Foodhandler cards for child care providers CCDS website or CCCCRR website
- Dirty Dozen Playground Hazards
- Outdoor Playground Home Safety Handbook
- Public Playground Safety Handbook
For questions or additional information, please contact Clackamas County Environmental Health at 503-655-8384.