Take your garbage and recycling to the Clackamas County Garbage and Recycling Transfer Station located outside of Sandy. Find out what is accepted, hours, fees and more.
Clackamas County Garbage & Recycling Transfer Station
19600 SE Canyon Valley Road
Sandy, OR 97055 map
Thursday – Monday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday, Closed
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Extreme Heat Notice: facility may close early during extreme heat events
Loose loads must be covered to prevent litter. Unsecured loads are subject to an additional $10 fee.
|Light waste/general garbage (per cubic yard)||$24||$24 < 1 cu. yd.|
|Light can - 32 Gallon||$8||$24 ≤ 3 cans|
|Heavy waste/demo debris||$38||$24 < 1 cu. yd.|
|Heavy can - 32 Gallon||$9||$24 ≤ 2 cans|
|Light waste/general garbage||$24||$24 < 1 cu. yd.|
|Large loads may be weighed||$70/ton||n/a|
|Furniture and appliances||Fee||Minimum|
|Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners
(even if refrigerant is removed)
|Stuffed chair, recliner, love seat or couch||$12/ea.||n/a|
|Sectional or hide-a-bed||$17/ea.||n/a|
|Tires||On rim||Off rim|
|Passenger/light truck ≤16 in.||$3.85||$2.50|
|Large truck/trailer 17–21 in.||$14.50||$8.50|
|Over 21 in.||Inquire||Inquire|
The Clackamas County Garbage and Recycling Transfer Station accepts for recycling the same items accepted in curbside services, plus several additional drop-off services.
- Curbside accepted paper, metal and plastic
- Cardboard (collected separately)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Scrap metal (including large and small appliances, bicycles, lawnmowers, etc.)
- All liquids must be removed; no propane tanks
- Wire (Christmas lights year-round, extension cords, household wiring)
- Cooking oil (limit 5 gallons per day)
- Motor oil (limit 5 gallons per day; no other automotive fluids
- Electronics (including TVs, laptops, computers, monitors, cables, etc.)
- Lead acid batteries (vehicle batteries only)
Consider collecting and donating your beverage deposit containers to AntFarm (collection spot on site).
Recycling questions? Visit Metro’s Find a Recycler tool, or call 503-234-3000.
- Household Hazardous Waste (e.g., paints, batteries, light bulbs, cleaners, medical sharps, propane tanks, etc.)
Please take household hazardous waste to the Metro South Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
- Construction, demolition and remodeling debris containing asbestos
The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality requires asbestos testing and documentation before disposal of construction, demolition and remodeling debris. Transfer stations will not accept suspected asbestos-containing materials without documentation.
Questions? Call Metro’s Recycling Information Center at 503-234-3000.