The Leaders in Sustainability certification program provides workplaces with guidance and recognition for meaningful achievements in sustainability practices. There are proven benefits of environmental, social, and economic advancements (called the triple bottom line) for workplaces of all types and sizes. Organizations that go through the Leaders in Sustainability application process take concrete steps to:
Conserve energy and water
Support staff and
Why Get Certified?
Certification offers a simple path to sustainability in all aspects of your work. You’ll become part of a network of businesses sharing sustainability solutions and broadening one another’s reach. By joining, your workplace can:
Be part of community of leaders with shared values
Meet sustainability peers, associate your brand with other green companies
Gain marketing recognition
Attract and retain the best talent
- Must be located in Clackamas County
- Must comply with all applicable environmental ordinances and regulations, such as:
To be certified, a Leader in Sustainability needs to:
- meet the basic eligibility requirements listed above
- complete at least 1 practice in each section of the application
- identify 1 new sustainability goal
- formalize the finished list of practices as official policy
...plus complete a minimum number of overall practices:
- Certified: Complete at least 15 total practices
- Silver: Complete at least 35 total practices
- Gold: Complete at least 55 total practices
Download the application
Starting is easy. Download and save the application. We ask some basic questions about your business, then get in to best practices. Take your time.
Complete the application
Schedule a consultation
We’ll review your application and we will be in touch to schedule a phone or Zoom check-in and verify your application.
Put into practice
We will send you an award to display, along with a door cling to share the good news with your customers.
Celebrate and share
Receive your award, along with a door cling and plan additional promotion to share the good news with your staff and customers. Your company has worked hard to earn the Leaders in Sustainability certification!
Certification is valid for 3 years. Program criteria are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure standards are consistent with the latest best practices. Recertification is subject to the most current criteria. The last update was completed in January 2021.91766
Once your application has been verified by one of our sustainability advisors, your business will become a recognized Leader in Sustainability! You’ll be listed in our Green Business Directory and receive our marketing toolkit, including the items listed below and marketing guide.
- a framed certificate for reaching the Certified level, or a custom plaque for Silver or Gold
- a window cling
See what businesses are doing
Promote Your Certification
Your company has worked hard to earn Leaders in Sustainability recognition. Now that you have it, promote yourself! Here are just a few ways to incorporate Leaders in Sustainability into your marketing and promotion strategies:
- Add the certification logo to marketing materials, your website, email signatures, business cards, etc.
- Promote your accomplishment and green practices on social media
- Tell customers and partner organizations about it
- Show off your award and decal in places people will see them