The Leaders in Sustainability certification program provides workplaces with services, tools, guidance and recognition to support a business’s triple bottom line to advance environmental, social, and economic achievements. Organizations that go through the Leaders in Sustainability application process take concrete steps to minimize waste, conserve energy and water, invest in employees and support the community.
Be Part of a Community of Leaders with Shared Values
As a Leader in Sustainability, you’ll be part of the network of businesses certified in sustainability that will help you stand out in a competitive market and attract the best talent. Leaders in Sustainability certification also can help associate your brand with other socially and environmentally responsible companies.
- Must be located in Clackamas County
- Must comply with all applicable environmental ordinances and regulations, such as:
To be certified at any of the three certification levels requires a Leader in Sustainability to:
- meet the basic eligibility requirements listed above
- complete at least 1 practice in each section of the application
- identify 1 new sustainability goal
- formalize the finished list of practices as official policy
...plus complete a minimum number of overall practices:
- Certified: Complete at least 15 total practices
- Silver: Complete at least 35 total practices
- Gold: Complete at least 55 total practices
Steps to Certification
Request the application
Complete our online form and we will respond with the application and connect you to your personal sustainability coach.
Complete the application
Schedule a consultation
Once we’ve received your application and reviewed it, we will be in touch to schedule a phone or Zoom check-in with your green team or champion(s) and verify your application.
Receive your award
We will send you an award to display, along with a door cling to share the good news with your customers.
|5||Spread the word
Your company has worked hard to earn the Leaders in Sustainability certification. Now that you are certified, it’s time to tell the world! Let your customers and employees know through all your regular communications channels. We'll help by sending out the news in a few different ways, too (see below):
- A window cling
- Promotion in paid and earned media,, print advertising, and our e-newsletter
- Listing in the county's Green Business Directory
- Self-promotion templates and ideas
- Use of the logo in your marketing materials
- Access to business-to-business mentoring
Renewing Your Award
Your certification is valid for three years. At the end of that period, your business will need to re-apply and meet the latest program standards for renewal. To renew, reach out to us within 3 months of your certification expiring or our sustainability advisor will notify you.