Join Clackamas County Leaders in Sustainability and get access to a variety of services and tools to support your triple bottom line: economy, environment and community. Leaders in Sustainability take concrete steps to minimize waste, conserve energy and water, invest in employees and support the community.
Be Part of a Community of Leaders with Shared Values
You’ll become part of the network of businesses certified in sustainability to help you stand out in a competitive market and attract the best talent. Leaders in Sustainability certification can help associate your brand with other socially and environmentally responsible companies.
- Certified – 13 specific practices, 1 community practice, identify a goal and complete a sustainability policy
- Silver – Certified level requirements + 20 additional practices
- Gold - Certified level requirements + 40 additional practices
Steps to Certification
Download and review the application and guide
|2||Complete the application
Send your working application to email@example.com once you are ready. It is okay if it’s not complete as our advisors can go through it with you.
|3||Schedule a site visit
Once we’ve received your application and reviewed it, we will be in touch to schedule a site visit and verify your application. Site visits typically take about an hour.
|4||Receive your award
We will present you with a recycled glass award engraved with your business information.
|5||Spread the word
Your company has worked hard to earn the Leaders in Sustainability certification. Now that you are certified, it’s time to tell the world! Let your customers and employees know through all your regular communications channels. We'll help by sending out the news in a few different ways, too (see below):
- Use of the logo in your marketing materials
- A window decal
- Paid and earned media in press releases, print advertising, and an e-newsletter
- Social media announcement by Clackamas County
- Listing in our annual #ClackCo Quarterly newspaper advertisement
- Other media channels
- Listing in the county's Green Business Directory
- Engraved recycled glass award made in Oregon
- Self-promotion templates and ideas
- Access to business-to-business mentoring
Renewing Your Award
Your certification is valid for three years. At the end of that period, your business will need to re-apply and meet the latest program standards for renewal. Your sustainability advisor will notify you when it’s time to re-certify.