mental health services

mental health services

Mental Health and Addictions Services

Warning! If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, the Clackamas County Support and Crisis Line is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 503-655-8585. To make an appointment with our Behavioral Health Clinic, call 503-655-8401.

At Clackamas Health Centers, we offer a range of therapy and counseling programs and services for children, youth and adults who are experiencing mental health or addictions problems through our integrated health centers, as well as two mental health and addictions centers located in Oregon City and Sandy.

Our comprehensive and holistic approach includes therapy, case management, care coordination, medication management and peer services. Our aim is to work with everyone to help them be as healthy as they can. We believe participation in mental health and addiction treatment provides positive outcomes in the lives of each person, their family and support network, and the community in which they reside.

Si está teniendo una emergencia de salud mental, llame a nuestra línea de crisis al 503-655-8585.

Services and appointments



Services may vary based on location.

110 Beavercreek Road Suite 100 Oregon City, OR 97045 
Se habla español

8 a.m. to 7 p.m.

18911 Portland Ave., Gladstone, OR 97027
Se habla español

8 a.m. to 7 p.m.

998 Library Court, Oregon City, OR 97045

8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

38872 Proctor Blvd., Sandy, OR 97055

8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Staffed during school hours by a full-time Certified Nurse Practitioner in partnership with the school districts. Behavioral Health services are also available on a regular basis.

1002 Library Court, Oregon City, OR 97045

8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

New Format?

Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services

We provide alcohol and drug treatment services through a network of providers. Services may be available for individuals who are mandated for treatment as the result of a DUII. Services include information and education, as well as treatment for adults and youth with substance abuse issues.


  • initial evaluations
  • referral and assistance to enter residential treatment, as well as follow-up care after treatment
  • office-based addictions counseling on an individual basis
  • groups to help manage symptoms or to increase life skills
  • medications
  • referral to community-based support groups
  • collaboration with schools for youth and families)
New Format?

Peer and Family Support Services

What is Peer Support?

Peers are people who self-identify as having lived experience of mental health and/or substance use.  By sharing their lived experiences, peers bring hope to people experiencing mental health and/or substance use challenges.  Peers promote a sense of belonging within the community.  Peer support services help prevent relapse and promote sustained recovery from mental health and/or substance use.

Peers provide services in a variety of settings, including hospitals, jail, treatment centers, courts, schools, and crisis centers, just to name a few.  Research shows us that peer supports reduce symptoms and hospitalizations; improve wellbeing, self-esteem, and increase participation in community; decrease lengths of hospital stays and cost of services; and encourage thorough and lasting recovery.

There are no medical or psychiatric criteria required to qualify for peer delivered services.  For most peer support programs, individuals are NOT required to be enrolled or admitted into any mental health or addiction treatment program.  All peer delivered services available in Clackamas County are peer run and free to anybody seeking support and recovery.

David Romprey Oregon Warm Line

Mental health and addiction phone support provided by peers for peers.

Dual Diagnosis Anonymous (DDA)

DDA provides several support groups for people with co-occurring mental health experiences and substance use/addiction issues.  Please visit the website for a current list of available meetings, online and in-person:  DDA Meetings
DDA also provides private online groups specifically for veterans:  DDA Veterans Page

The Living Room (TLR)

Main office: 503-825-2535
The Living Room, a program of New Avenues for Youth, provides drop-in programming throughout the county.  These drop-ins provide a safe, healthy, empowering space where LGBTQ+ youth, ages 14 – 20, and their allies can connect with one another and access resources.  Programming is youth led and services are rooted in youth-adult partnership.  Please visit their website for more information.
TLR also works with Clackamas County schools to develop Gender & Sexualities Alliances (GSA Clubs) for students and plan regular events and activities for area youth.


FolkTime provides an adult drop-in center in Oregon City. This drop-in provides companionship, education, group activities and a meal. These activities include outings into the community. The calendar of events can be found on their website.
FolkTime also provides peer outreach to individuals in Clackamas County’s rural areas and organizes group activities. One-to-one peer support for individuals receiving services at Stewart and Hilltop Clinics and individuals seeking support through Clackamas MHC Crisis Services are also available.

Mental Health and Addiction Association of Oregon (MHAAO)

Main office: 503-922-2377
MHAAO provides peer support to adults struggling with their mental health or who have a dual diagnosis of addiction/substance use and mental health or those that are at risk of developing substance use issues.  Peers assist individuals in accessing community support resources and developing a network of support within their community.  Peers provide navigation assistance within other systems such as treatment, corrections, child welfare, hospitals, and linkages to physical health resources. MHAAO also has peers who specialize in working with adults over the age of 55; survivors of a recent drug overdose; and a team of peers that work with our Mobile Crisis Response Team. Referrals can come from anybody, including self-referral.  Referrals can be made here: MHAAO Referral Form

Oregon Family Support Network (OFSN)

Main office: 503-430-0917
OFSN provides one-on-one support to family members/caregivers raising a child receiving mental health services.  Supports are provided to families receiving Wraparound through Clackamas Behavioral Health Division.
Online support is available to all at Reach Out Oregon.

Youth Era (YE)

Clackamas Drop-in Center

Youth Era provides a drop-in center for youth/young adults in transition, ages 14 – 25 years located in Milwaukie.  People can participate in several activities at the Drop and access Young Adult Peer Support Specialists for one-to-one peer support.  The Drop offers group support and opportunities to participate in other activities in the community. There are additional Youth Peer Support Specialists to take referrals from system partners and accept self-referrals from young people looking for more individualized one-to-one support.

New Format?

Suicide Prevention

Call our Mental Health Crisis and Support Line at 503-655-8585

You have the power to help people going through a mental health crisis.

You don't need to be an expert to be a part of this work — just a good listener. If you notice someone who might be struggling — start a conversation. And if all is well, that person will know you're someone who cares enough to ask. Asking, "Are you okay?" can change lives.

Become part of the Coalition to Prevent Suicide’s list serve to receive meeting announcements and zoom links to stay abreast of suicide prevention related training and opportunities.

Join the Coalition to Prevent Suicide Mailing List

Be there for someone who might be struggling or in crisis

Stories of Survivors of Suicide Attempts 

The Ask the Question Project shines a light on the lived experience of suicide attempt survivors, through a lens of hope and connection. This collaboration with the Clackamas Arts Alliance works to break down the stigma often associated with suicide. 

Support Group

This peer-led support group from FolkTime offers a place for people who have attempted suicide or who have experienced suicidal ideation to talk and be heard. This group meets virtually every Thursday from noon to 1 p.m. 

After a Loss

  • County Crisis and Support Line 
    Provides 24/7, free, and confidential support.
  • Crisis Text Line
    Text HOME to 741741 24/7 |
  • National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
    Dial 988
    Provides 24/7, free, and confidential support.
  • Oregon Youthline
    Text: teen2teen to 839863
    Chat: online
  • Senior Loneliness Line
    Provides 24/7, free, and confidential support to older adults.
  • The Trevor Project Suicide Prevention Lifeline for LGBTQ youth
    1-866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386)
  • Trans Lifeline's Peer Support Hotline
    Peer support service run by trans people.
  • Veterans Crisis Line
    1-800-273-8255 press #1

Download Resources

Flyers with phone number

Tri-county resource flyers

Clackamas County Coalition to Prevent Suicide

Suicide Prevention Coalition logoWe are pleased to announce the anticipated release of Clackamas County’s first ever Suicide Prevention Strategic Action Plan! The plan will be released this Fall and would not exist were it not for over 200 people from our community who participated in listening sessions, the 80 people who completed surveys and the 25 key individuals who were interviewed between 2018-2020.  We engaged the voices of individuals from communities who are at higher statistical risk for suicide, suicide loss and attempt survivors, individuals who live with thoughts of suicide and suicide prevention advocates and champions.

The plan is organized around four key priority areas with each having an associated Action Team (committee). These teams will advance the work of the strategic directions in that priority area of the strategic plan. Joining an Action Team is one of your best ways to have a voice and get involved in moving suicide prevention efforts forward in our community.

  • Youth and Young Adults (24 and younger)
    Youth and young adults and the agencies and individuals who care for and support them will be provided with skills and resources and will understand their role in suicide prevention.
  • Healthcare
    Promote suicide prevention as a core component of healthcare services and implement best or promising practices for identifying and supporting individuals at risk for suicide.
  • Community
    Develop, implement, and support programs and education that promote wellness, safe messaging and prevent suicide within our community.
  • Means Safety (reducing access to lethal means)
    In collaboration with the firearm community, law enforcement agencies, community-based organizations, academic environments, healthcare providers and suicide prevention training partners, promote means safety as part of a comprehensive approach to suicide prevention. 

Clackamas County Coalition to Prevent Suicide meetings will occur virtually every quarter. These meetings will include a report out on the work occurring in the Action Teams and will usually include a presentation or educational opportunity specific to the field of suicide prevention. Coalition and Action Team meetings are open to all!

Contact Galli Murray, Clackamas County Suicide Prevention Coordinator, at to get involved or with questions.

Contact Us
Department Staff
Galli Murray
Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Kathy Turner
Program Planner
New Format?

Oregon Health Plan Member Information

Your mental health benefits

Oregon Health Plan pays for mental health services for children, youth, families and adults. Get more information about your benefits and the services available to you in the Member Handbook.  

You can also access the Health Share of Oregon Member Handbook — see below for more information.

If you have questions about your benefits or need help getting services, please call us at 503-742-5335. Our TTY number is 7-1-1 or 1-800-735-2900.

Our office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Our office is closed on Fridays.

Looking for mental health and substance use services?

Find a provider for yourself or a family member. Visit Health Share of Oregon to see a list of providers that is covered by your plan.

Health transformation in Oregon: what does it mean for you?

With this combined effort you will be able to keep you same doctors, pharmacies, clinics and specialists — but they will be working more closely together for you in the future. If you have questions or would like more information, you can go to Health Share of Oregon.

As Health Share of Oregon begins serving Oregon Health Plan members, you will begin receiving more information. You can also access the Health Share of Oregon Handbook.

Contact Health Share of Oregon Customer Service:

  • 503-416-8090
  • 1-888-519-3845
  • TTY/TDD: 711

As a community member there are ways to become involved and have an active role in improving your health and the health of your family. Health Share of Oregon has a Community Advisory Council (CAC). The council provides recommendations to Health Share of Oregon Board of Directors on the strategic direction of the organization.

New Format?

Involuntary Commitment Services

Oregon law allows a person to be treated for a mental illness against their will if they are experiencing an emotional disturbance and are imminently dangerous to themselves or others or are unable to care for their basic needs. To be committed, a person must meet the above standards in a court hearing where critical information is presented in the form of testimony in front of a judge and the person considered for commitment. If an individual is committed, he or she may receive involuntary treatment for up to 180 days. Our Commitment Monitoring staff assess whether persons who are committed continue to meet commitment criteria and work with hospitals and community agencies to determine a plan for a safe transition to the community and to voluntary treatment as appropriate.


Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. We are closed on federal holidays and court furlough days.


Call 503-655-8585 and ask to speak with a mental health investigator.

New Format?

Sunnyside Health Center

The Sunnyside Health Center offers a convenient, all-in-one health center for individuals and families to access medical, mental health, and dental services!  Clackamas Health Centers offers care on a sliding fee scale to eligible uninsured and underinsured people.  No one is refused care due to an inability to pay.