Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question you do not see below? Please send an email to

What types of programs does the Housing Authority of Clackamas County (HACC) have?
HACC has two main housing programs: Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher. In addition to these two programs, HACC owns and operates one affordable housing complex (Easton Ridge Apartments - 264 units) and one Farm Labor Housing Complex (Arbor Terrace Apartments - 24 units). HACC owns and maintains multiple Special Needs units, but they are operated by outside sources (placement is not by the Housing Authority).

How do the housing programs work?
Public Housing and the Housing Choice Voucher Program maintain waiting lists. In general, once your name reaches the top of the waiting list, you will come to the office for an interview. Once screened, income eligibility is verified, and housing becomes available, you will have the opportunity to obtain housing. A lease and/or contract will be drawn up and signed. Rent is set at not less than 30% of your annual adjusted income.

How do I qualify?
HACC provides housing to families, the elderly and the disabled. In addition to the above criteria your household's total annual gross income must be under the program's income limits. Income Limits can be viewed on our website.

How do I apply?
Unfortunately, the wait lists are closed for Public Housing and the Housing Choice Voucher Program.

How long is the wait?
At this time, the wait can vary from 3 to 6 years for Public Housing and 7 or more years for a Voucher.

How do I check my status on the waiting list?
Visit Online Waitlist

How do I submit a change to my address if I am on the waiting list?
Submit your name and new address information by email to or by mail to HACC, PO BOX 1510, Oregon City, OR 97045. All updates submitted by email will receive a confirmation response.

Can I apply for all programs?
No, at this time all wait lists are closed.

Can I get help immediately if I already live where the landlord takes vouchers?
No, you still must go through the normal application process as other applicants do.

Does HACC provide emergency housing?
HACC does not have emergency housing. Housing is made available to those families on our wait list.

Does HACC serve victims of domestic violence?
HACC provides a waiting list preference to survivors/victims of domestic violence. A separate listing or coding is kept, identifying those on the waiting list who claim, and who are verified to be, eligible for this preference. 

How is rent determined?
Rent is based on your income. Tenants pay between 30-40% of their adjusted gross income (after eligible allowances) for rent & utilities.

How are the public housing units maintained?
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provides grant funds to help maintain Public Housing units.  As funds are approved and allocated for modernization, HACC upgrades housing units as needed.

Is there a time limit on receiving public housing or a voucher subsidy?

How do I submit a complaint or a concern regarding suspected fraud and/or other issues?
Please send an email to: with information regarding your concern and your contact information.