Housing Choice Voucher Programs

The Housing Choice Voucher program (formerly known as Section 8) provides assistance to families that rent units in the private rental housing market. It is authorized by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended. The Housing Choice Voucher Program can assist approximately 1,500 families in Clackamas County.

Housing Works Employment Program for HACC Residents

HACC is partnering with the Workforce Investment Council of Clackamas County (WICCO) and to offer an employment and training program for residents. Follow the link below to learn more.

Housing Works Employment and Training Program

Report Household and Income Changes

Residents should use the Change Report form below to report any household changes to HACC. Please print and complete the form and return it to HACC within 7 days of any change in income, household composition, or contact information. Failure to report changes could lead to a loss of housing assistance.

Change report form

Participant Eligibility

To qualify for the voucher program, the household income must not exceed HUD set standards, which is 50% of the area median income, for the specified number of family members. There is no asset limitation; however, income derived from assets is included in the annual income.

Income Limits

Median income: $81,400

Family Size Low-80% Very Low-50% Extremely Low 30%
1 45,600 28,500 17,100
2 52,100 32,600 19,550
3 58,600 36,650 22,000
4 65,100 40,700 25,100
5 70,350 44,000 29,420
6 75,550 47,250 33,740
7 80,750 50,500 38,060
8 85,950 53,750 42,380
9 91,150 57,000 46,560
10 96,350 60,250 50,740
11 101,550 63,500 54,920
12 106,750 66,750 59,100
13 111,950 70,050 63,280

Fair Market Rents and Payment Standards by Bedroom size:

Beds FMR
FY 2019
Effective 5/1/19
0 1131 1018
1 1234 1170
2 1441 1397
3 2084 1876
4 2531 2278
5 2911 2620
6 3290 2961
7 3670 3303
8 4050 3645

Rental Assistance Programs

Breakdown by Type of Program Total # of Units Total # Served Who can apply? How apply?
Wait lists marked closed or open below
Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Tenant Based Vouchers   1438 Any Very Low Income Household (50% AMI) CLOSED. When open online will announce and application will be available on this website.
Project Based Voucher Sites:        
Chez Ami PBV 20   Clean and sober living for HOMELESS and DISABLED

OPEN. If Homeless call: 503-655-8575

Town Center Greens PBV 21   Clean and sober living for HOMELESS and DISABLED

OPEN. Contact Central City Concern:

Pedcor - Rosewood Station PBV 20   Any Very Low Income Households (50% AMI) CLOSED. Anticipate wait list opening May 2019. When open online will announce and application will be available on this website.
WALSH Commons PBV 7   HOMELESS Preference OPEN. Must be Homeless and must contact NHA at 503-654-1007
Pleasant St Vet Housing PBV 24   Military Veterans Only CLOSED. Anticipate wait list opening November 2019. When open online will announce and application will be available on this website.
Total PBV   92    
Total VASH   121 Military Veterans Only OPEN. Contact the Veteran’s Administration for assessment and eligibity:
Mainstream Vouchers   116 Nonelderly (under 62) and Disabled with preference for HOMELESS

CLOSED. If Homeless call: 503-655-8575

Total Vouchers   1767    
Grant Funding: Shelter Plus Care Continuum of Care Grant   37 HOMELESS and DISABLED

OPEN. If Homeless call: 503-655-8575

Calculating Your Utility Allowance

Notice: Section 242 of the 2014 Appropriations Act limits the utility allowance for a family to be the lower of: (1) The utility allowance amount for the family unit size; or (2) the utility allowance amount for the unit size of the unit rented by the family. The Utility Allowances are as follows:

If you have further questions regarding our utility allowances, you may contact Toni Karter at tonikar@clackamas.us.

Reasonable accommodation requests

HACC will provide "reasonable accommodations" to applicants and participants of HACC's Housing Choice Voucher Program. A reasonable accommodation is some modification or change HACC can make to its policies or procedures that will assist an otherwise eligible person with a disability to attain equal participation in HACC's programs.

To make a Reasonable Accommodation request, complete and submit the Request for a Reasonable Accommodation form.


If you want to move to Clackamas County, we are currently not absorbing porting clients. We are billing your original Housing Authority. We will be unable to assist you until your current Housing Authority has sent your paperwork to:

Debbie Greene
PO Box 1510
Oregon City, OR 97045

Or fax to 503-655-8676