Oregon Landlord Compensation Fund
The Landlord Compensation Fund Program provides relief to residential landlords who have been unable to collect tenant rent due to tenant financial hardships. The application period for these funds has closed. Landlords whose applications were awarded 80% of unpaid rent will receive compensation for the remaining 20% of unpaid rent. There is no need to reapply; funds will be distributed automatically. Learn more at https://oregonrentalhousing.com/news/10715071
We work with landlords to ensure that housing opportunities are a good fit for our tenants.
We want to make sure that working with the Housing Authority and our tenants and clients is a good experience for all involved. Our services for landlords include annual free trainings on Fair Housing and Landlord Tenant Law, a newsletter and opportunities to communicate regularly with our staff regarding program rules and requirements.
Advertise Your Vacancies Here
GoSection8 provides free advertising for your listing, a Rent Estimator feature and more.
Free Education and Trainings
We offer free training opportunities for landlords and post invitations here and in our Landlord Newsletter.
Free OHCS Webinar on SB 282 and Emergency Rent Assistance
Included at this link are: Video recording of the presentation, powerpoint, summary, FAQ and social media slides. Visit Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program (OERAP) for more information about rent assistance or to submit an application. Spanish language translations of these documents will be added to this link in the coming weeks, and a Spanish language webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, June 16 at 2 p.m. Registration at the link above.
We also recommend these online short courses:
- Fair Housing Disparate Impact Tenant Seletion Criteria that are against the law
- Oregon’s Section 8 Voucher Non-Discrimination Law
- Video on New Limits to Rent Increases and No Cause Evictions in Oregon
- Oregon Housing Rights for Survivors of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking
- New Landlord Guide to Fair Housing Law
If you are a landlord seeking recovery for damages made to a unit by a Section 8 tenant, you will need to contact the Housing Choice Landlord Guarantee Program run by the State.
News for Landlords
- HMSpal: Use this site to look up payment history, turn on email notifications of payments, check your most recent payment, etc.
- Information for landlords about lead from FHCO.
- Rental Housing Journal Online
- In an effort to keep Section 8 program landlords informed of updates, we issue a Landlord Newsletter:
Mold and Lead
- Mold Guidance for Tenants and Landlords
- Directrices Relacionadas al Moho Para Arrendatarios Y Propietarios
- 25% don't know that HUD/EPA requires lead disclosure in all residential units built prior to 1978.
- 1% are not aware that HUD/EPA also requires disclosure prior to many repairs or renovations made to pre-1978 properties.
- 50% didn't know HUD/EPA requires that many repairs or renovations be done by a certified lead-safe contractor.
- 37% don't know it is been illegal to deny housing to a resident simply because there are children in the household under the federal Fair Housing Act — even in pre-1978 properties.
The NW survey was informative in a couple more ways:
- It uncovered confusion surrounding the two different HUD/EPA pamphlets. Only about a 1/3 knew there were two different brochures. To further confuse the matter, the newer Renovate Right pamphlet has been revised.
- It also indicated that 64% of landlords surveyed didn't know that a metro area nonprofit offers free "living lead safe" workshops. However, 83% indicated they planned to learn more about lead, reduce lead hazards, educate residents about lead, and/or inquire about a lead workshop.
Housing providers are required to know and comply with the federal lead disclosure and certification requirements. And, as recent cases demonstrate (see insert below), the penalties for non-compliance can be significant.
Let the Leadline answer your lead questions at 503-988-4000.
Forms and Documents
- Landlord Handbook: A Guide to the Housing Choice Voucher Program
- W-9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Direct Deposit Sign-Up/Change of Bank Form
- Direct Deposit Instructions
- Direct Deposit Change of Owner Packet
- Direct Deposit Change of Property Management Packet
- Agent Authorization Form
- Sample Housing Program Landlord/Tenant Lease Part A
- Sample Housing Program Landlord/ Tenant Lease Part B
- Sample Tenancy Addendum
- Sample Housing Assistance Payments Contract
- Sample Housing Quality Standards Inspection Form
- Brief Summary of Owner Info
- Lead Paint Information Sheet
- Legal forms for landlords