We work with landlords to ensure that housing opportunities are a good fit for our tenants. We want to make sure that working with the Housing Authority and our tenants and clients is a good experience for all involved.
Our services for landlords include annual free trainings on Fair Housing and Landlord Tenant Law, a quarterly newsletter, and opportunities to communicate regularly with our staff regarding program rules and requirements.
A Guide to The Housing Choice Voucher Program
Download the Landlord Handbook.
Landlords Advertise Your Vacancies Here
GoSection8 provides free advertising for your listing, Rent Estimator feature and more. Check out the benefits and FAQ.
Fair Housing Trainings
Four hour Fair Housing training session
Presented by: Diane Hess, Education Outreach Specialist from the Fair Housing Council of Oregon
Monday, October 21st form 1 to 5 p.m.
Development Services Building, Rm 115
150 Beavercreek Road
Oregon City, OR 97045 (map)
Space is limited. RSVP required.
Contact Debbie Greene email@example.com or 503-650-3150 to reserve your spot.
Direct Deposit Information
- Direct Deposit Instructions
- Change of Bank Direct Deposit Form
- Change of Owner Direct Deposit Packet
- Change of Property Management Direct Deposit Packet
If you are a Section 8 landlord seeking recovery for damages made to a unit by a Section 8 tenant, the Housing Authority does not administer that program. The Housing Choice Landlord Guarantee Program is run by the State. Find out how a landlord can collect for damages.
News for Landlords
- HMSpal is now online. Landlords can use this site to look up your payment history, turn on email notifications of payments, check your most recent payment, etc
- Information about Lead from FHCO for Landlords.
- In an effort to keep Section 8 Program Landlords informed of updated, HACC issues a quarterly Landlord Newsletter:
Mold Prevention Reports for Tenants and Landlords
- Mold Guidance for Tenants and Landlords
- Directrices Relacionadas al Moho Para Arrendatarios Y Propietarios
Online Landlord Resources
- MetroMultifamily NW- legal forms for landlords
- Housing Connections - online rental resource
- Rental Housing Journal Online
- GoSection8 - advertise your vacancies here
What Landlords Don't Know About Lead
In an informal survey of 500+ NW landlords representing 9,700+ rental units, it was found that:
- 25% still don't know that HUD / EPA requires lead disclosure in all residential units built prior to 1978 (including use of a specific brochure on the subject).
- 1% are still not aware that HUD / EPA also requires disclosure (with use of a different brochure) prior to many repairs or renovations made to pre-78 properties.
- 50% didn't know HUD / EPA requires that many repairs or renovations be done by a certified lead-safe contractor.
- 37% still don't know it is been illegal to deny housing to a resident simply because there are children in the household under the federal Fair Housing Act (even in pre-1978 properties).
- It uncovered confusion surrounding the two different HUD / EPA pamphlets. Only about a 1/3 knew there were two different brochures. To further confuse the matter, the newer Renovate Right pamphlet has been revised.
- It also indicated that 64% of landlords surveyed didn't know that a metro area nonprofit offers free "living lead safe" workshops yet 83% indicated they planned to learn more about lead, reduce lead hazards, educate residents about lead, and / or inquire about a lead workshop.
Housing providers are required to know and comply with the federal lead disclosure and certification requirements. And, as recent cases demonstrate (see insert at left), the penalties for non-compliance can be significant.
Recent Enforcement Headlines
Klamath Falls Landlord to Pay $24K for Failing to Notify Tenants of Lead Hazards, 06/27/2012
MD Landlord Imprisoned for Repeated Violations, 06/06/20122
Let the Leadline answer your Lead questions at 503-988-4000.
Forms and Documents for Landlords
- W-9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Direct Deposit Sign-Up Form
- Agent Authorization Form
- Sample Housing Program Landlord/Tenant Lease Part A
- Sample Housing Program Landlord/ Tenant Lease Part B
- Sample Tenancy Addendum
- Sample Housing Assistance Payments Contract
- Sample Housing Quality Standards Inspection Form
- Brief Summary of Owner Info
- Lead Paint Information Sheet
For more information please call: 503-655-8267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org