Temporary modifications to commercial, industrial and institutional land uses may be requested to support physical distancing
If your business or organization is on land zoned for commercial, industrial or institutional use, you may ask to have specific provisions of county ordinance waived to allow for temporary modifications to allow for physical distancing and other actions to keep people safe from COVID-19. News release
To request a waiver, please contact Planning & Zoning at email@example.com or 503-742-4500. All requests must be reviewed by Planning, Development Services and Public Health staff, and have to be approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
Public Health Licensing Information
- Current fees
- Emergency Information – flooding, power outage, contaminated water
- General Information for restaurant operators
- Online License Renewal
- Oregon Food Sanitation Rules and Operator Fact Sheets
A Public Health plan review is required for new restaurants, before remodeling or when the menu is changed. The Public Health review is separate from the building department plan review.
- Health inspection results are posted for public viewing
- How to open a restaurant
- Restaurant license application
- Restaurant plan review application
- Restaurant plan review guidance
A temporary restaurant requires a license when food is prepared or served for consumption by the public at events.
- Temporary restaurant license application
- Temporary restaurant operation guide
- Temporary restaurant plan review application (seasonal and intermittent only)
Mobile Food Units (Food Trucks)
Food trucks are subject to the Oregon Food Sanitation Rules and must be licensed. A Public Health plan review is required for new mobile food units, remodeled units or when the menu is changed.
- Mobile food unit, commissary, or warehouse license application
- Mobile Food Unit Operation Guide
- Mobile food unit plan review application
Vending Machine Licenses
Vending machines that dispense potentially hazardous (perishable) food or unpackaged drinks must be licensed.
- For licensing information, please call 503-655-8384